Hi, I’ve been having these strange symptoms in the last couple of months. I am constantly tired, my immune system is not functioning properly, and I have fever on every two weeks. I was tested on HIV and hepatitis, but the results are negative. The only thing left in my mind is CFS due to CMV. Could it be my problem?

Hi, I had Infection with cytomegalovirus (CMV) when I was 19 years old. I remember having the same symptoms as you. Beside fatigue, I had muscle aches and headaches. A doctor first suspected on mononucleosis, but when he got blood results, he diagnosed me with CMV. There is no specific treatment available for healthy people with CMV infection. I don’t know why you think that you have CFS due to CMV, when CMV is enough cause for the fatigue. It’s enough to have CMV, and your immune system is affected. I think you should do a blood or urine test to check it out.