Hello, folks. My boyfriend and I are thinking of starting very soon with macrobiotic diet. I know that this lifestyle is very strict, but I would like to know if these flour products can be occasionally used in macrobiotic. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. Thanks.

Hello to you too. You are right. Macrobiotic diet requires giving up on many things that you are used to eat. Baked flour products should be avoided or used sparingly. Some of them are: commercial pancakes, muffins, etc. You should also avoid chips, whole cereals, etc. I think it would be best to consult an expert about this. He will tell you the details. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello, there. I agree with the previous post. You should avoid the usual flour products. Maybe you can take them occasionally. I think you should start with the flour products that are made from the whole grain. In any way, consult an expert or nutritionist. In that way he can make you a detailed menu what to eat. I am sure that will be useful for you as beginners. Good luck with all! Bye!