Hi, I quit pot almost 3 months ago and I'm still having side effects. I'm 22, and I started when I was 16 due to peer pressure. When I turned 18, I met a girl who was a grower and dealer. So we started dating, which was the worst mistake of my life. But she gave me a garbage bag full to the top of 4 plants she grew, and I smoked all that within 2 months. As time went on we found dealers around Sydney (Australia) and we smoked every single day for 3 and a half years. We went 3 days in the year without pot because we had my brothers wedding and where in Melbourne for 2 days for My cousins. So 365 days X 3 years, plus half a year. Minus 3 days. We where that dependant on it and became really moody when we would run out. So we would sell things just to get it to calm ourselves. And after we separated almost 2 years ago I continued to smoke for another full year and then cut back. I ended up in hospital a week before Christmas 2012 from fractured ribs. I now have 8 fractured ribs from it and have ended up in hospital a number of times. I fractured them from walking into my room and rolling out of bed. 2 separate occasions. Both hospitalised me. I'm now about to reach 3 months and i keep getting sick. Chest infections, vomiting, night sweats, fevers, moody, day sweats, plus my memory seems to get better then worse all of a sudden. I get blood tests regularly and bone density checks which tell me my bones are brittle, and fragile. Since quitting I'm scared to walk, run play with my nieces and nephews, or even work out in fears that ill fracture or break something again. It's scary and painful. I don't know what to do. I can slowly feel my self returning to normal, both in my mind, and my lungs. But I have gone from pot, to alcohol, to quitting both pot and alcohol and only smoking cigarette's a lot more. Coughing up so much black off my lungs, at first I could feel it ripping off my lungs and burning each time I coughed phlegm up. I'm still getting all these pains and emotions, tho some days I seem perfectly fine. I don't understand it and I want to know if there's anything I can do to help fix my body up faster. I'm taking calcium and vitamin D tablets, drinking water, eating raw cinnamon as part of my diet to loose weight, taking men's multi vitamin, and not sure what else I can do. I'm also eating more fruits and vegetables to build myself back up. I just don't want this to be a forever problem. Yes I smoked and it was my choice. But I also chose to quit it, and would appreciate any advice about how to keep going strong. I went to the herbal mix ya can buy over the counter at tobacconist, to try and cut back, but noticed I would cough more and have even worse withdrawals. I want a job, have a life, be social again. I'm just scared I will damage my body again. Either from fracturing or something worse. I'm lost and confused and my thoughts are different. I don't know how to go back to the old, loving life, funny, spontaneous me I used to be before smoking. I also did it to stop heart palpitations and my depression. It would mask it while I was high then coming down I would plummet and become really nasty. Now I'm so lost I don't know how to get the old me back. I know I should except the new me, but I hate the new me, and I have a number of good friends because of this. Are the symptoms going to last for another 3 months, longer, or is it abnormal to be still having these symptoms after almost 3 months being sober?

It all depend on the strength of the marijuana and how long you've done it. I have been experiencing pretty serious withdrawals for 103 days now. Yes getting better but still bad. Stick in there... Be strong!!!