Ive made a big mistake by trying pot, i never should have, it was the worst experience of my life. It took me a while to get over the short term affects, and i have a sore throat still from it. Its not a normal sore throat, its like a swolen feeling under neath my right jaw bone. Its scaring me like mad.

I know i was wrong to smoke.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal, or am i going to die?

Your going to die from weed.

lol the sore throt was probly frum who u smoked with because i smoke every week and i dont get a sore throt or nething enless people who i smoke with are sick

i'd been smoking for years, when all of the sudden one time i just freaked out and thought i was going to die for an hour or so, it may have been laced, but i'm no sure... but i've survived so it's a safe bet you'll be alright.

weed is so rarely (if ever) laced with anything that the likelihood of any of us ever having smoked laced weed is basically zero percent.

laced weed is a myth to explain when potent weed reacts with the brain to cause a "bad trip". under a unique set of circumstances (potent weed, bad environment, stress, underlying mental state) a person can experience really strange and negative sensations just from plain old weed.

it happens somewhat rarely but it is not from "laced" weed.

Weed can be laced it happened to myself and a friend of mine from the same joint. It was like an lsd trip. At least we both enjoyed it LOL.

lol yeah its not from the weed at ALL. i'm sorry but weed dosn't make you get crazy like that i promise you. do you smoke cigarettes? cause if you don't smoke period then its the "inhaling the smoke" yes it hurts the lungs.

and if its your first time smokin weed then yeah i'm sure the reason of your throat hurting is inhaling the smoke. i just recently quit smoking cigarettes 5 months ago and its so hard for me to smoke weed now, i practically can't smoke cause my lungs won't let me anymore and i cough more then i ever have.

YES, of course it is from the weed!!!! Possiby yes it could have been laced with something else and you had a bad batch of it. Give it time, you will come right. But yeah, don't touch it again. Contrary to what some will try and tell you, it is not good for your health and is harmful.

You are lucky enough that you have had a very acute reaction, which may give you enough warning to steer clear in future. It happens, I think most of us have tried it in our lives. I have too and was very ill from it also.

Definitely give it time and try and improve your diet in the meantime, which will help your body eliminate the toxins from the stuff. I mean lessen the sugar intake (or eliminate it), eat plenty of vegetables and drink a lot of cleansing teas that may support your liver/kidneys. You'll be ok, but it'll take time.

I seriously think your are blowing things out of proportion. True that if you are not a smoker of either tobacco or weed your chest and throat may be sore for a short while. What I mean by short while is roughly a couple of days or so.

If it's been three weeks since the time you smoked and your throat still hurts and you have other ailments I would have to say that they are not the effect from you smoking weed. I would suggest you go to a doctor and have it checked out...for all you know it could be anything from strep throat to tonsilitus.

let me telll you something.. its got nothing to do with weed.. its your mind..your mind is weak and thats why your mind just cant handle it..your making your own nightmare..just forget about it and move on..life si all about making mistakes and learning from them.. so do that.. learn from it and just dont do it again. atleast you know you cant handle it and its good that you tried it and wont do it again.. its better becoming an addict and ruining your life because of it..be glad and satisfied your an addict and you need weed to live...eventually on drugs you die.. not always because of the drug.. but because of your way of life when on it..you won't be fine trust me..goodluck..

I stopped smoking marijuana 2 months ago when i quit I had burning in my hands and feet blurry vision for one month. I also have been depressed. I have know quit for good I am always tired and my head feels wierd all of the time. I have quit smoking marijuana in the past many time and never experienced this before. If someone who has smoked for years could please respond I would greatly appreaciate it.
Thank you

Another guy already said what its from. Sometimes when your not used to smoking weed you cough a lot. And it irritates the throat. I have the same thing its like 2-3 lumps in my throat that feel awkward.
Hard coughs and lots of em will do it for you.

smoking weed doesn't have side effects lasting much more than hours, nothing noticeably wrong at least. Smoking can hurt your lungs but the under the jaw deal doesn't seem like it, coincidental timing of something else perhaps? smoking cannabis is going to kill you and do bad things to you, the more you smoke the more your lungs get used to it. along with that you grow to enjoy it even more. so don't keep smoking but only do it when it's right for you.
smoking pot isn't good for your health but i would say it's bad for it. At least it lowers your immune system and you might be more likely to get a asthma, simple solution to that is get high and not notice it

yea ur gonna die!!!!! weed is a killer drug!!!!

Weed dosn't need to be laced to be full of stuff, how do you think it is transported around the world, a lot of the time huge blocks are just dumped in containers full of whatever chemical is being transported at the time, drug smugglers don't care if the chemicals are toxic or not, as long as they get their profits be warned