So I don't know if it's because of pot or not but for the last couple of months I feel like I'm becoming dumber. I can't concentrate, am spacey and forgetful and can't seem to carry on a conversation like I used to. I can't think of things to talk about or what to say. This was never a problem for me before which is why it's so new and frightening to me, I don't understand what's going on.

I've been smoking weed since I was 16 years old. I've take couple week breaks here and there but I mostly smoke everyday. Not that much just a joint or bowl or 2 with friends although I have had my times where I have smoked much much more. It's always made me spacey but it was in a funny way and I enjoyed it. Now, even when I don't smoke I just feel like I'm not all there. I doubt the things I say, have trouble making simple decisions and just have a lot less confidence than I used to.

I'm 22 years old now and some of this anxiety maybe caused by the fact I'm graduating college and everything. But I can't help feel there is something else wrong. I have always been considered a smart slacker. In high school I skated by with B's and got a 32 on my ACT. In college I got diagnosed with ADD and began taking vyvance which helped me to get good grades throughout college as well. I don't know why I feel the need to tell you all that but I feel like it helps to have a little background information. 

People have always just seemed to like me for some reason. I have always had good, close friends never really had to many issues getting with girls either, although I do consider myself to be very awkward sometimes. Recently though it just doesn't feel the same. I feel out of place in conversations with friends I've had for years. I just feel less witty and funny than before. A lot of it is probably in my head but I get the vibe that people just like me less. I've never known necessarily what "it" was that I brought to the table that made people like me but now I feel I've lost it. I feel uncomfortable in social situations because I can't think of anything to talk about or intelligent or funny comments to add. Haven't gotten laid in months. 

On top of this it is affecting my sleep. I feel so unfulfilled that I can't fall asleep because I get stuck in my head, or I wake up throughout the night and really early. I'm sure lack of sleep is only making everything worse as well because your brain needs sleep. I've talked to my parents about this just recently because I felt I really needed to get it off my chest. I also made an appointment with a doctor but I don't think it will be much help. It felt good to tell someone but it all just sounds so weird, even to me and I'm the one saying it. Kinda feels like I lost my mojo (anyone who's seen Austin Powers).

Anyways I've been taking B12 vitamins the past few days. I also regularly exercise and eat relatively healthy. Haven't been noticing much of a difference though. I'm also taking a break from smoking weed starting today even though I have been smoking significantly less lately anyways. Any advice would be much appreciated, I just want to feel like the intelligent, confident kid I used to. This is a mini book I just realized, If you made it here thank's for reading. Hope to hear from ya. 

It'll get better bud.  it's all in your head, but a lot does come from the greenery.  Once you dry out your wit will come back to you, you just have to realize that weed is just a shortcut to complacency...complacency that you shouldn't feel until you are where you are at.

Wow, reading your post was like reading from my own journal. I am (and was) EXACTLY like you.  You are so great to be quitting now. If you don't quit, you will wake up tomorrow and find that you're my age, 40, and wonder where the last 18 years have gone. I think regret is a killer and so I don't look back on these past years with sadness. Rather, I look forward to today and tomorrow and all of the wonderful possibilities that they hold. I feel sharper, and more confident like I used to be. Today I'm 13 days sober and I'm so excited to be detoxing my lungs, body and reclaiming my mind. I LOVED pot, and defended it rigorously, and hated when people would talk poorly of it without being smokers themselves. I still think it is a beautiful and wonderful creation... but it's just not for me. I abused it to the point where I don't think I'll ever be able to appreciate it in that beautiful way again. It's my fault, not pot's fault. I had to quit cold turkey. I tried slowly cutting down, but failed time and time again. If I had it, I smoked it... until I had finally scraped the harsh resin from the stems and bowls and smoked till I hacked up a lung. The main thing that's helped me is going to Marijuana Anonymous meetings twice a week (most people recommend going every day) and sharing out loud to other people who understand, the true nature of my problem. Typing these words right now is helping me feel better. I feels good to admit to people that I'm a Marijuana addict who can not control my own use of pot. Admitting my lack of power GIVES me a feeling of power, strength, and confidence. I'm sure you felt that while writing your words above. Keep going... I will, too. All of my pot smoking friends have been very supportive of me quitting. Pot smokers are not the evil tempters that movies and tv portray. I support and congratulate you on having the strength and courage to share your story with all of us. One last thing, last night I went to a meeting of M.A. and someone received their 5 year chip. 5 years without pot. After the meeting, I congratulated him in the parking lot and told him i was 12 days sober and he congratulated me and gave me his 5 year chip. With just one other guy standing nearby. I couldn't believe it. He said, "Here, let this inspire you." It was one of the most incredible acts of generosity I've ever experienced in my whole life. Truly. What a selfless act. He didn't even have it for 10 minutes before he gave it to me. I want to let you know that there are people out there that know EXACTLY what you're going through. You are not alone. Thank you for inspiring me to keep going.

Wow, reading your post was like reading from my own journal. I am (and was) EXACTLY like you, with the exception of being diagnosed add. You are so great to be quitting now. If you don't quit, you will wake up tomorrow and find that you're my age, 40, and wonder where the last 18 years have gone. I think regret is a killer and so I don't look back on these past years with sadness. Rather, I look forward to today and tomorrow and all of the wonderful possibilities that they hold. I feel sharper, and more confident like I used to be. Today I'm 13 days sober and I'm so excited to be detoxing my lungs, body and reclaiming my mind. I LOVED pot, and defended it rigorously, and hated when people would talk poorly of it without being smokers themselves. I still think it is a beautiful and wonderful creation... but it's just not for me. I abused it to the point where I don't think I'll ever be able to appreciate it in that beautiful way again. It's my fault, not pot's fault. I had to quit cold turkey. I tried slowly cutting down, but failed time and time again. If I had it, I smoked it... until I had finally scraped the harsh resin from the stems and bowls and smoked till I hacked up a lung. The main thing that's helped me is going to Marijuana Anonymous meetings twice a week (most people recommend going every day) and sharing out loud to other people who understand, the true nature of my problem. Typing these words right now are helping me feel better. I feels good to admit to people that I'm a Marijuana addict who can not control my own use of pot. Admitting my lack of power GIVES me a feeling of power and strength. I'm sure you felt that while writing your words above. Keep going... I will, too. All of my pot smoking friends have been very supportive of me quitting. Pot smokers are not the evil tempters that movies and tv portray. I support and congratulate you on having the strength and courage to share your story with all of us. One last thing, last night I went to a meeting of M.A. and someone received their 5 year chip. 5 years without pot. After the meeting, I congratulated him in the parking lot and told him i was 12 days sober and he congratulated me and gave me his 5 year chip. With just one other guy standing nearby. I couldn't believe it. He said, "Here, let this inspire you." It was one of the most incredible moments in my life. Truly. What a selfless act. He didn't even have it for 10 minutes before he gave it to me. I want to let you know that there are people out there that know EXACTLY what you're going through. You are not alone. Thank you for inspiring me.