what is tse tse syndrome and what causes it.

Tze tze syndrome is most common misspell that has caught on of Tietze’s syndrome. There is a Tzetze disease that is caused by the bite of tsetse fly that lives mostly in the continental Africa, known also as the sleeping disease. However, Tietze’s (or tzetze) syndrome has nothing to do with this disease, it is the inflammation of the ribcage that cause sharp pain that is often mistaken with the symptoms of heart attack.

Hello there,

The poster above me has explained that this is misspelling for the Tietze’s syndrome and I am quite sure that you were satisfied with the rest of his answer as well. Also, I would like to ask why you are interested in this syndrome. Someone in your surroundings has it or you are just curious about this and other medical conditions. Sometimes it is easier to go through the search engine than waiting for other people to reply your question.  

Basically this is the inflammation of the costal cartilages but this is not the same condition as  costochondritis. In Tietze’s syndrome swelling of the costal cartilages is present, while this is not the case when it comes to the costochondritis.  

I was dx as a teenager with tietze syndrome and 50 years later it is worse. My shoulder, upper arm and chest pain leave me unable to do much when it hits. I use crutches, which doesn't help! I like to crochet which also does't help.

A bone scan showed degenerative disease at the sternoclavicular joint. I'm not sure if it is arthritis. I haven't seen a doctor since I had my bone scan. I have an appot. with my pain management doc for next week. Not so sure about getting an injection in the sternum area. He'll have to do some convincing. I'll go for trigger point injections in my shoulder instead. Does anyone else experience all three things?

Lorene Weaver