I have heard that Alagille syndrome is sometimes characterised by a specific facial appearance. I have not seen this and would like to learn more about what they are talking about. Can anyone explain this concept to me? I would appreciate some insight into the matter. Oh, also, how often does this happen in Alagille syndrome?

Alagille syndrome is a rare genetic disorder that mainly affects liver and heart. It's effects on liver are, for the most part, responsible for the facial appearance characterized by yellowish skin color and yellowing of the eye whites (jaundice). Also, people suffering from Alagille syndrome can also have fat cell deposits on their face. But, like I said, these are just outside signs of problems with internal organs, so their appearance depends on how much are liver and/ or heart damaged. The damage can vary greatly - some people with this syndrome don't have bile ducts present at all in their liver, while others do have them, but a lower number of ducts.