Hello, folks. My friend got into serious troubles. It all started with an ear infection. However, at the end she got meningitis. I couldn’t believe when I heard. Is this a common thing? I hope she will be all right. I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me something more about this.

Hello. I am afraid this is possible. If an ear infection is not treated properly, it can get complicated indeed. One of those complications is meningitis. A middle ear infection, also known as otitis media, is a common reason for meningitis. These structures are linked between themselves in the skull. It is good that your friend went to a doctor. In that way she can get a proper treatment. I also hope she will be all right. Please, let me know what happens with her. Good luck!

04/16/2013 we are here in columbus ga. woth my sister who is battling with the same problem. we almost lost her. she is currently being treated.