Hello, folks. My friend had an interesting case. She was administrated to the hospital due to her meningococcal meningitis. She managed to cure it, but as a consequence, there was periphery neuropathy that has left. I would like to know something more about this. I will appreciate your help. Bye, guys!

Hi to you too. I think that this is a rare case. Meningitis can show many complications. Even epilepsy that is many times described in association with meningitis is not so common. For instance, epilepsy appears in only 4% cases with meningitis. I really wouldn’t know what to tell you when it comes to peripheral neuropathy. You could consult an expert for more details. I am sorry I cannot tell you more. Good luck! Bye!

Hi, guys. This is also something new to me. I really didn’t know that peripheral neuropathy could be a complication of meningococcal meningitis. But, why not? In meningococcal septicemia, bacteria spread via bloodstream. They can reach many organs. I guess they could be affecting nerves as well. Of course, this is only my consumption. For real piece of info, you should consult an expert. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello, there. My aunt has been recently diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy. I also know that she had previously meningitis. I really don’t know whether these two cases are related one to another. I didn’t manage to ask her. It would be best to consult an expert. If you find out something new, please let me know. I hope you’ll find out something more. Good luck! Bye!

Hello everyone I am 37 year old female, in Feb 2019 I contracted meningitis, when I woke up on a ventilator I was paralyzed from the waist down....it's been 4 months and I am learning to life life in a wheelchair. I get really bad pains in my legs and feet.. sometimes sharp, dull, electric, pins and needles, shocks, tingling, sensitivity to touch and my left knee feels like it's constantly tight like in a brace...sometimes the electricity and shocking feeling are so bad it makes me cry. I was recently told by someone that it could be neuropathy, I loo ked it up and I really think it is. I'm going to my surgeon in a few days tho talk to him about it. I will post an answer when I get it