Hi, folks. My friend has been administrated to the hospital since he was diagnosed with meningitis. I know that he had had sinus problems previously and I would like to know could this cause his meningitis. I would be very grateful if someone could tell me this. Thanks in advance. Bye!

Hello. Meningitis and other intracranial complications are possible when it comes to sinusitis. In fact, frontal ethmoid and sphenoid sinuses are separated from brain with only one layer of bone. If the infection passes through this bone, it can affect the lining of brain called. In this way meningitis appears. Meningitis is a very dangerous disease and should be treated properly. It is always treated in hospital environment. I hope your friend will be all right. He should pay more attention to his health. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!