Hello, good people. A good friend of mine ended up in a hospital due to meningitis. He was diagnosed with this kind of infection and I am little scared since I know it is serious. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me if there are any consequences here. I would be grateful for that.

Hi, there. You are right. Meningitis is indeed a serious infection. However, it is good that your friend is in hospital. He will get there all the necessary care. I think one of the most difficult complications of meningitis is encephalitis. It is the infection of brain parenchyma. It can be associated with meningitis and then it is referred as meningoencephalitis. However, I hope this won’t be your friend’s case. Bye!

Hi, everyone. Meningitis is a serious infection. It must be treated in hospital. I think that another complication that can appear is epilepsy. I think that encephalitis can trig some mechanism responsible for this. You will all agree with me that this would be a serious consequence. You should consult an expert for more details. I hope everything will be all right. Bye! Good luck!

Hello, good people. I had a friend who was in a hospital due to meningitis. He had seizures as part of his symptoms. However, I must admit that the doctors cured him. He didn’t have any consequence later. You should be more optimistic. Your friend will need all the optimism you can give him. I hope that he’ll be all right. Good luck to him! Bye!