Hello, folks. My friends’ kid has been administrated to the hospital. It seems that he has meningitis. It is caused by meningococcal infection. I would like to know how this kind of infection is manifesting in children. I will really appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you in advance, folks.

Hello. Meningococcal infection is one of the most common causes of meningitis. Symptoms can develop very quickly. It can happen faster than a day. Some of the symptoms are: headaches, fever and sensitivity to the light. They also complain on skin rash and neck stiffness. These patients can also show seizures. Nausea and vomiting are also possible. Consciousness can also be impaired. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, there. Meningococcal infection can be pretty serious. Purple rash is a common sign for this. In fact, it can be the key sign that make doctors to suspect on this infection. Sometimes, it can be life saving. I hope your friends’ kid is getting all the care he needs. This is a serious disease and should be treated in this way. Please, let me know what happens. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello. I would agree with previous posts. This kind of infection is transmitted by air. Droplets from nasal or throat secretion are the one that are responsible for infection spreading. That is why everyone must be cautious. This bacterium in fact normally lives in nose and throat. It is still unknown why in some people it breaks the barrier of immune system and causes this serious condition. I hope everything will be all right with this kid. Good luck to him. Bye!