I am 48 years old. My periods stopped about 2 years ago. I woke up 4 days ago and I was spotting. The spotting stopped during the day. Now I just noticed again I am spotting. I just made a major move from CO to AZ and I started the spotting the day after I got here. I am now running all around town looking for a house. Could it be stress? I do not have insurance. Now that I think of it, I haven't taken my pills for my diabetes since I got here either. Would that have anything to do with the spotting?

WebMD says ANY spotting after menopause only has 5 causes, and 3 are cancer. The other two are an object in the vagina, and hormone therapy.

I looked because I spotted a month ago, and I thought it was rectal bleeding (hemorrhoids?), but last night I actually had a few cramps and today, just a smidge of bleeding again! So I looked on WebMD and that was their answer for a female over 50, bleeding after menopause.

I am losing weight, and I think the weight loss is releasing hormones from my old fat cells (which I built up before menopause). But, of course, 20 years ago I was treated for pre-cancerous lesions and HPV, so at high risk for cervical cancer. My last pap was 3 years ago and normal. I quit getting paps after I stopped having sex. Think that was a mistake. I am really scared now, and it's Saturday night and can't do anything till Monday.

Hope you go to the doctor just to be sure. Please.

I'm 40 y/o and I haven't had my period in almost five years, I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure, and I'm too having cramps and brown dishcarged. My gyn has me scheduled for a D&C and hysteroscopy, I'm scared because I have a little girl and I want to be here for her, but I'm going through the steps and reading a lot, praying a lot. When I go at WebMd I got the same answers, even though my Pap was negative I fear something terrible. I hope you don't hesitate in going to the doctor.