Hi there, I started spotting light pink and brownish, 8-9 days before my period was due, and have spotted a small amount every day since then (6 days of spotting now) My period is due in 3 days. I also have had mild cramping which began with the spotting. My period is usually normal (28 day cycle) and sometimes I do spot a day or two before, but never this many days before. Does anybody have a clue as to what this could be due to? I do have a child already and hubby and I did have unprotected sex near ovluation. I did have spotting with my pregnancy before for what seemed like a few days or so. Also the spotting seems to have a different odor not bad just stronger it seems. Sorry to be so detailed! LOL! Thanks soo much for any info. Can't get into the Dr. yet!!

Well, the timing of the bleeding you experienced between two periods does seem to be right for this to be an implantation spotting, the kind of bleeding some women get when they are newly pregnant. Implantation spotting happens between seven and 12 days after ovulation if you conceived, but the thing is that it usually doesn't last longer than a few days. 

Maybe it is possible that you are experiencing an unusually long implantation bleeding? If you don't turn out to be pregnant, maybe you should see your OBGYN just in case? Bleeding between periods can also be caused by things like infections and hormonal disturbances. 

IM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING AS THE ABOVE WOMEN...DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING YET...ARE YOU PREGNANT???

Hey girls, look, i've been reading all your questions and i think we all just might be pregnant! My ovulation time was about 7 to 10 days ago, and this whole week beginning Monday, i've had some spotting Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and now that it's Friday...it's a little heavier. My period isn't due till Sun, Mon so i'm assuming that this is implantation bleeding. It just seems to be continuing for a long time, and now i'm starting to think it might be an early period... I don't know! HELP!

Hi Cats, I read your post. I m in a similar situation. I have been getting the brownish spotting for the past 4 days too. My gynaec however told me that it is implantation bleeding and advised me complete bed rest for the next 3 days and run a urine pregnancy test after 7 days from the start of the first day of spotting. I would advise you the same. Best of luck.

PS: Would want to know if you were taking rest/bed rest for the past few days ?

Have any of you found out yet? This is my sixth day with this brown bleeding thing, and it just got a little heavier.. but no where near my period! I still have a couple days till AF is supposed to be here, and i tested this morning (neg). Let me know if any of you have found out anything!!

hi i too had this kinda brownish sticky discharge thought it was implantation bleeding but my spotting didnt stop it continued for 6 days i have never experienced this before i asked my gynaec she to said it cud be implantation bleeding and suggested progesterone pessaries but nowafter a week i did my urine pregnancy test and it is negative ,i still havent got my periods bcos i was on these progesterone , dont know whts happening can anybody help

i got my periodsafter i stopped those progetserone pessaries

This is amazing...i thought I was the only one! AF is due Dec. 2nd and I started light bleeding on the 21 of Nov...def not normal AF bleeding. Then after about five days BB's started to get real sore and light bleeding turned to this brown color when i wipe. This is still going on!....what is going on???

Have you found out yet, are you pregnant? I've been TTC for 3.5 months, O on Jan. 2, started spotting on Jan 5 and have been spotting brown since then. I was told that I might have a cyst or that it could be the fertilized egg on its journey. What do you guys think, pregnant or symptoms of an ovarian cyst?

This site is amazing! I, too, am having the same trouble.

I started spotting 5 days past ovulation - just a little pink, the next day just a spot. Then it stopped altogether for 2 days, strted up again but was light brown and only ever when I wipe. Again it stopped for a day and have had it again just once today...just a little.

I went to the Drs and he said I'm either pregnant or have some hormonal changes - it is a waiting game for a week to see if I come on.

We have only beeing trying ttc for 2 months properly.

Did any of you find out which it was/is?

? this waiting in killing, i started spotting the day i should be ovulating, then it stopped from one day then it came just a little pinkish discharge when i wipe and then it stopped and now six days after again, my menses is due in a weeks time, i'm confuse %-)

Hi,this is my first postin. I'm on fertility treatment(clomid100mg&pregnyl injection).My period used to be anywhere from 40to60 days, but it has regulated since January to every 28days.My period was due ten days ago, and a sticky brownish discharge is appearing(quite tacky in texture when wiping),nothing like my period.Did a HPT 6days ago(negative).Could I be pregnant?

Hi,this is my first posting. I'm on fertility treatment(clomid100mg&pregnyl injection).My period used to be anywhere from 40to60 days, but it has regulated since January to every 28days.My period was due ten days ago, and a sticky brownish discharge is appearing(quite tacky in texture when wiping),nothing like my period.Did a HPT 6days ago(negative).Could I be pregnant?

Anyone have any news?!
I started spotting 6dpo and have been spotting since for 5 days now. It's a bit heavier in the mornings-gravity?! But then only when I wipe for the rest of the day.
AF due in 2 days, tested today but got a negative
HELP!!