For the last 2.5 weeks I have had this pain that goes through all of my lower abdomen. I have tried tylenol and even stronger pain killers to make it go away. This pain seems to come and go in the severity. I am a really small girl that had a tubla ligagtion done 3 years ago. My stomach looks like I am 3 months pregnant though. I was late with my period and have tried two pregnancy tests both were negative, I did not check them both at the 10 minute mark to see if there was any change and one of them was positive the next day, but of course they are not reliable after 10 minutes. I really don't believe that I am pregnant. I have noticed that the swelling in my stomach is less in the morning and gradually gets larger through the day. Also I have noticed that the pain is less while lying down, it hurts the most when standing. I also recently got a UTI and have been on medication for that for 3 days. I have not noticed a change in the swelling or abdominal pain though. The medication is helping for the burning though. Also about 5 years ago when I became pregnant with my second child they gave me a pap to see if everything was ok, it came out that I had abnormal cells but they did not do anything because I was preganant. After I gave birth they started the test again and same thing abnormal cells they did this test 3 times with the same result and then I became pregnant again. After givign birth again they started again with the paps same results for 3 months. I finally got tired of them just giving me paps and not actually checking into it that I stopped going to the doctor. I am not sure if all the paps in the past could have anything to do with this but wanted to put this information in just in case. Any feed back on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time in advance

Kristy

You shouldn't have stopped with pap smears. When abnormal cells are present on the cervix, and when they are very small, they need to be checked every 3-6 months to see if their appearance is changing.

If they start to grow, you would have to get rid of them. These abnormal cells on the cervix grow very slowly and it may need some time to notice the difference in their appearance, so I suppose this is why they were just ordering one pap after another, to monitor the condition.

I am not saying that your symptoms are due to these abnormal cells, it is very likely that you developed uterine fibroids that can grow so big and make a woman look pregnant. They are benign but rather annoying. Similar symptoms could be caused by ovarian cysts but you need to make an appointment to see what's going on.

Thank you for getting back to me. I have an appointment set up for next week. I was wondering though if anyone had any ideas why I would have the swelling and pain in my lower abdomen though? This has been going on for two weeks now and is not getting any better. I am aged 26,I thought that women were typically older when they had such problems. It is true though anything is possible. Again thank you for posting back.

HI I have the same symptons, and am having a scan on Tuesday. I have had an internal scan and have a enlarged ovary, hopefully just a benign cyst but this is causing pelvic pain and back cramps, and swelling of my abdomen and tender breasts. Its pushing on my bladder and I need to go to the loo very often. You may well have the same. Make sure you have a bimanual examination, an ultrasound and blood tests for CA125 and an up to date smear, ovarian cancer is not detected in a smear test just for cervical. However, dont be alarmed as 95% of all cysts are benign and if you are under the age of menopause its very unlikely.