I am 37 years old and several years ago I was vacationing in Jamaica. I was laying out by the pool, fell asleep on my stomach and got super hot and sweaty and when I woke up I was itchy all over the front side and the right side of my face which was against my beach towel. I rubbed and scratched the itch which, in hindsight, made the spotty hives seem to spread and become one giant, leather-like mass. Eyes were swollen and lips and neck and everything down to my toes! Took a cool shower, was insane itching. Didn't help. Wondered if it was allergy to the cotton of the beach towel or a weird food I ate there. Saw allergist and other docs. Nothing. Over the years I have noticed it is always around my menses AND when I get hot or am in the sun. If I am a week or so from having my period I will wake up with hives (individual bumps) on whatever side I was sleeping on that got hot while I was sleeping. If I scratch, they will go from individual bumps to a huge mass of 1 giant hive. PCP has no explanation. Allergist has no explanation. Seems to be combination of hormone AND heat related. If I take a nap I will wake up with hives on my neck and ear on whatever side I fell asleep on. No antihistamines work. Sitting at a computer all day for work, my lower back and butt will become covered in hives, I'm guessing from that area being hot. Seems like it was that 1 time falling asleep on a lounge chair and BAM all the sudden I have this chronic condition every single month about a week before my period! I hope someone reads this and is like "that's me!" and we can find a solution.

That is exactly what I deal with, I mentioned to my dr that I think I'm allergic to my period, lol of course I got the look like I had 2 heads. No answers here yet, have you figured anything out?