Okay..so I woke up the other morning with a itchy rash behind my knees the other morning...and throughout the day it started to spread everywhere!!! They swelled up like normal hives...so i took some benedryl...it didn't go away..neither did the itching...in all my 22yrs I have probably only had hives like once in my life...so it occured as weird to me. Plus, I haven't eaten, or drank any new foods. No new soap, shampoos, laundry detergents...nothing..didn't try on any new clothes or anything..and nobody in my household had anything new, like perfumes ect...so I took a trip to the hospital...mind u they kinda rushed me outta there, figuring..'ohh..there just hives" and they gave me the normal...50mg benedryls, and a four day dose of prednisone pills two a day for four days...yesterday 11/22/10 was my last dose...but while taking them from the first day to the last they didn't seem to get any better, at all..at times it seemed worse than ever! Also, in my sleep it seems like they fade away for the most part, but maybe an hour after i wake up they seem to come back EVERYWHERE!!! Sooo..my question is..and sorri about all that other mess^^^ what else can the hospital really do for me??? They could give me a shot? but isn't that the same as the pills? What if they aren't hives?? Is there a possiblity that the hospital can take my blood and see if I have some sort of infection in my blood..or perhaps a staff infection maybe?? anybody have anything to add to this..I could really use to advice. Thanks you

The thing with hives is that they have so many causes that it often remains completely unknown why it appeared. I know how that it seems that they haven’t really “investigated” your rash, but they probably did check for the most dangerous options and have ruled them out, so they figured, it’s probably some allergy, and they gave you that treatment. Besides, any infection, not to mention blood infection, would mean that you have serious fever, at least. I’m sure it’s more than annoying, especially if its spread over large areas of your body, but if it doesn’t get any worse than it already is, or if no new symptoms start showing up, it’s hard to expect that new visit to hospital would be much different than the first.