I had my Mirena removed on 1/28/10 after the birth of my second child 2 1/2 years ago. My husband and I would like to TTC again. I never had any problems while using Mirena - I spotted regularly every 28 - 29 days. A couple months before having Mirena removed I also started charting my temps again to find out if I ovulate (I did). After having Mirena removed (on day 10 of my cycle) I started bleeding two days later for just one day. My husband and I had intercourse the night before I had the Mirena IUD removed - since I figured I wouldn't ovulate for at least five or six days after it's removed and we are actually TTC. (I usually ovulate on day 15 or 16) However, at time of removal my OB/GYN told me that I had BV and needed to take Flagyl for seven days. I've read that you shouldn't take Flagyl when TTC or in the first trimester of pregnancy. I did an OPK every day after bleeding stopped (on day 13 and 14) and they were all negative so I guess I didn't ovulate then...is there a chance that the OPK is wrong and I did ovulate when I was supposed to or did the IUD removal and Flagyl change my cycle and I will ovulate later?Has anyone gone through the same? I'm worried about getting pregnant while taking the Flagyl.

i had mirena put in after my son was 3 months old that has been 8 years ago i don't have insurance to have it taken out ??? and i have started spotted again ? what should i do ?

Just pull it out yourself. ut doesn't hurt at all. just feel for strings inside nd a light full it comes out. No pain!

I don't have insurance at this time but I'm planning on getting my mirena out as soon as I am able to figure out the issue. I've had a mirena for two years and was told that there would be scar tissue so I began researching. I'm sick to my stomach about this...I'm leaning toward not having children and getting up there in being able to have children but I would like to have the option. Thanks for reading. Please comfort me :)