I need information about merck & co inc aldoclor. What are the active ingredients and the mode of action? What should I know before using this medicine? What other medicines may interact with aldoclor? Can it cause sexual impotence?

Aldoclor is antihypertensive drug that contains methyldopa and chlorotiazide as active ingredients. Aldoclor relaxes blood vessels and helps reduces amount of water by increasing the flow of urine. This way, aldoclor lowers blood pressure. Before using this medicine, you should tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual allergic reaction to drugs. Drugs like digitalis glycosides, lithium and MAOI interact with methyldopa and thiazides. Make sure your doctor know if you are taking any other medicines, even OTC. All the antihypertensive drugs cause erectile dysfunction.