I've been smoking marijuana on a habitual basis(once a week) and have experienced severe headaches one or two days after smoking. Can you explain what might cause that, and what are the possibilities of avoiding it?
Thank you

Long term use of marijuana can be quite dangerous, causing physcotic episodes& paranoia & especially if you are under the age of 23 where your brain has not yet fully formed. It is not a wise thing to start smoking before the age of 23 as your brain pathways will ever be fully formed.

I'm really not addicted, i smoke once or twice a week but could go without it at any time. But my headaches must be in connection with smoking because usually my headaches start the next morning. For example I smoke at night and the next day when I wake up with a terrible headache. But sometimes I dont feel anything until the second day.

I also suffer with the same symptoms as yourself after smoking a small amount of cannabis I have the same affect after drinking alcohol too. This has only recently happened to me I'm 44 but the headache I suffer the next day or the day after is so bad I have given up on both. Has anyone got any advice as I'm not a heavy drinker or smoker but the occasional one at the wkend I am missing.

how long have you been smoking? and do you get high when you smoke?

Hello I am being prescribed zoloft for Obsessive Compulsive disorder. I smoke Marijuana a few times a week and do not plan on kicking the habit. Is there a danger in my mixing the xoloft and Marijuana? Please keep in mind that I am being perscribed the SSRI not for depression but for OCD. THank you.

hey imma 23 yr old female i have been smoking marijuana for 9 yrs now..i smoke every day..i suffer from horrible migranes..but lately ive been having alot more symptoms..like especially this pulsing in my head and neck..and ive been getting alot more of them ..in the past 5-6 months ive been getting at least 4- 7 a week!!! i am on maxalt 10 mg..ive had an mri..and cts..all normal..also about 6 months ago i was addmitted in the hospital..for signs of a stroke..my whole right side from my head to my toes felt weak..i still smoke marijuana everyday! my ? is ..is the marijuana possibly causing all of my symptoms?

imma 23 yr old female ive been smoking marijuana evryday for about 9 yrs now..i suffer from horrible migranes..but in the past 6 months they have gotten way more frequent..im on maxalt 10 mg..i get migranes 5-7 times a week..on the left side of my head..but whats really worrying me is this pulsing ive been feeling in my head and neck..and this constanst pain behind my left eye..ive had an mri done about 6 months ago..this was b4 all these new symptoms arrived..the mri was normal..my ? is can thses symptoms be from my long term marijuana use? can marijuana cause like serious brain problems? i kno it causes short term memory loss..but can it cause more serious problems?

I get a headache 1 to 2 days after drinking alcohol. I'm no biochemist, but I suspect delayed headaches are due to the delayed release of toxins into the bloodstream. Both alcohol and marijuana may have certain toxic substances in them that the body cannot purge immediately. Therefore, those certain toxins must be stored in the body's tissues until a more appropriate time (1 to 2 days later) when the kidneys and liver can deal with them. I do find I can relieve the headache with cold packs.

Lisa23... have you told your doctor(s) that you smoke weed? Be honest with them so they can factor this in with your symptoms (I smoke too and all of my doctors know!). There is indeed evidence that marijuana can, in rare cases, be a risk factor for stroke.

does weed damage the brain cells?

your an idot

Aussie B wrote:

your an idot

Why do you think he's an id**t! ANd who were you replying to? I reckon that the question above Quote:

does weed damage the brain cells?

was a very good question!!!!

i dont know why that was posted after that comment, it was meant for someone who had written that we should all be ashamed of ourselves because weed is illegal which if you look on page one of this thread, you will see who i was referring to. i stupidly labelled him an id**t however typed to fast and spelt it wrong !!! or it could be the damage to my brain cells from all that smoking, in saying that however, it really is common knowledge that weed does damage brain cells, as does most drugs but if unsure, then by all means you can ask but you shouldnt be taking a drug in the first place as we all shouldnt but especially if you dont know the effects and are unaware of the long term damage it can cause....

i have a terrible headache right now and that's why i'm on this site. i smoked some white widow yesterday and then smoked again later that night. i got high both times. i can see now that was not a very good choice. this post basically has no point but i can hardly think anyway this headache is making me like a robot. what the first respondant said about it being bad to smoke if you're under 23 because it will do even more damage to your brain scared me... i was trying to convince myself otherwise!

anyway, as somebody who smokes pot, i know it definitely does have an effect on your memory. so many people are like, "its harmless!" even people who don't smoke say that. but it does harm your memory, and if you're not careful, it will make you an forgetful, irresponsible bastard like so many pot heads i know.

or it could make you really happy and laid back, which is good for some people.

i think its just making me less sharp.