I'm a 40 yr old female. I have had numbness on mostly the left side of my face, lips and tongue (sometimes makes it hard to talk) arm and a few fingers for the last 3-4 weeks. Also had bad taste in my mouth I couldn't get rid of, but not so bad now. Felt like the left side of my throat was swelling and my left ear felt like there was some pressure. Have a mild but constant headache going on 4 weeks now. I went to the doctor, several times. He didn't see any problems with my glands in my throat and ears didn't look bad. I had a temp of 99.4, but didn't really get much higher. All my blood test (thyroid, white blood cell count, liver, kidneys, and blood sugar) all came back normal. Doctor put me on antibiotics, but it didn't help. I was sent to a neurologist who thought it might be trigeminal neuropathy, but MRI came back yesterday normal. He also did not suspect MS, and I guess MRI supported that. I went to the dentist as well to make sure I didn't have anything going on there. There was a small cavity, but that's it. Lupus has come up before in my past, but so far all my doctors are saying they don't think so. I have a positive ANA, but evidently the titer has to be at some certain level to suspect Lupus and mine wasn't that off (or whatever). I do have Reynaud’s syndrome and carpel tunnel. I also have a mild bulge in my neck and lower back, and I tend to have jaw problems (stiff, pop, sometimes get irritated) if that could cause any of this. One more thing ... this all started after about 2 months ago I pulled a muscle in my lower right abdomen that took a few weeks to get better. It was not getting better after 2 weeks so he did a CT scan, which was normal. The pain did get better after about 3-4 weeks but during that time my BP was a little high, he decides to put me on Hydrochlorothiazide (water pill), and also tried lisinopril w/hctz and then Bystolic. He kept changing them because I started complaining about these face and hand problems. It was at the time I started the water pill at 24 mg that the symptoms started. The neurologist thought the Bystolic could cause issues with my Reynaud’s, which may explain the fingers problems. So, I just stopped the BP med's altogether. Besides my BP seemed more normal outside of the doctor’s office and he did say it can spike, I guess due to stress and pain, while in the doctor’s office. SO, BP was most likely not the reason for any of these symptoms. Now off all med's, but symptoms still there. Just wondering if Meds may have induced any of this?

The random numbness in my hands is nothing new, I get it off and on, and pretty much use to it. It's that, along with my face issues that are freaking me out a bit. I don't recall every having this problem before. I do have stress issues and the doctor wants me to go back on Lexapro, but I find it hard to believe stress can cause all this. I feel like the doctors are pushing my positive ANA and other problems to the side, saying it doesn’t mean much. It's just so frustrating! I'm starting to feel like this will never get better. I'm just hoping like my finger numbness comes and goes, so will this.

Hi there. Not sure if this will help, but with my first pregnancy, the left side of my face went numb and I tasted metal in my mouth at first. The Dr called it Bell's Palsy and gave me Prednizone and Valtrex. It was gone within 2 weeks. Good luck.

I saw a show on Discovery Health where a woman had symptoms similar to yours. Aside from the constant headaches, the presenting of a dripping of an odd fluid out of her nose and a slightly metallic taste in her mouth led her physician and ENT specialists to think there was a more severe form of sinus infection at play here. Unfortunately, this diganosis did not pan out, after YEARS of antibiotics and MRIs.

Finally, the woman sought out yet another doctor, and this time, that person listened closely to ALL of the woman's symptoms, and this new doctor finally diagnosed her with having a Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak. Once that was patched, the woman experienced a relief of her symptoms. She and the doctor have to keep a constant watch on the patch, as sometimes it deteriorates and needs to be repaired, but at last there was hope.

That's just one of many things that can happen for which doctors never look, because it's such an outlier; but it certainly couldn't hurt to ask.

I heard that stress and depression take a toll on your body. If the immune system weakens from that, your body is wak. I have Fibromyaglia,and I have had over 40 symptoms over the years. Some of your symptoms sound like what I have. Check into it. I've tasted the metal, my jaw kills sometimes and it even makes my teeth hurt. good luck

i have had over 25 symptoms in the last week ,,,i have nubness in feet and sometimes in my hands, weirs taste in mouth that just happend today like bloody tin taste before that i had nubness on toughn and side of my cheek but im so worried its diabetis

I am 46, now.
I have had unusual symptoms for a long time, about 1 year. I didn't go to the Dr. for a long time , was a fraid they wouldn't believe what i was going to tell them, that they would think it was all in my head, witch it isn't. So now i have gone and am persuing this, and still really scared and terrified , of what's going on and them not finding out what it is, what caused it , and be able to fix it. I have numing in my whole body, pretty much, and taste in my mouth. When i would go to eat something, i would eat it and then afterwards, i would get an icky tase in my mouth, or my mouth would produce a lot of saliva all at one time in my mouth. I have numing in my hands and fingers all the time, that never changes. When this kickes in really bad , my face, throat , lips, neck chest, arms , legs get extremely numb, to the max. Its, really hard to explain that true feeling , when everything is numb to the extreme. I shaved my legs and hardly at all felt that. The hardness of my fingernails change, and my skin changes to. My eye lids get numb, and my eyes get completely dry, when i try to blink to get them to water, there so numb, like my eye lids ,that i don't feel that either. I have been checked for limes disease, checked for carbon monoxide, and natural gas. And tests came back negative. Going to ask my Dr. to check for Hypothyroidism, something i found from researching. I figure it can' t hurt to check. I have copd, reynolds disease, and high cholesteral, and now have cronic pain, suposedly in my elbow, i strained the tendon in the joint of my elbow and it won't heal, have had that for about 4 months, very painful. The Dr. also had me on antibiotics 6 a day for 2 months and didn't help. I don't think he really knows what to do with this, i don't either, but they working on scheduling me to see a neuroligist. My Dr. just said the will probably do a mri, and probably a spinal tap, yuch, yuch, then he kind of meationed, ms, omg scary. I am a single parent , with 2 young kids, going to school, which isn't going well, and taking care of my mom who has altzimers. I don' t have time for this.
So i just thought i would post this to all of you that might have similar symptoms, to let you know your again not alone.

DS

Stay proactive in your care. I work in a head and neck surgery clinic and a pt recently had the same symptoms mentioned. He was ordered to have an immediate MRI of the brain which discovered a brain tumor. Don't ignore your body and see a specialist.

Hi ever find out what was causing all of your issues? Thanks. Tom

Hang in there. Welcome to the world of unknown medical problems.
We have to hang in there together and know others are feeling some of the same things.

did you have numbness on both sides or just one? My son is having numbness, tingling, sometimes can't open his fingers or walk. sometimes his tounge swells, or at least won't work. We're being told that because it happens on both sides, it can't be a tumor.

I have these same symptoms. Did you ever get a diagnosis?

Heavy metal poisoning ?

Nobody ever considers shoddy dental work. Amalgam can be lethal. Look up Dr mercola YouTube to do with mercury poisoning and teeth. I'm going through something myself at the moment aweful bitter oozing from gums in my mouth. Numb fingers headaches. I suspect crappy work on a tooth that was root canaled than crowned.

Much time and effort went wasted. Noone finds anything. Sorry but believe your body always. Just a cryn shame

Hi N Texas. :) I'm from 76182 but in 32246 (Florida) currently. I wonder if you ever got a diagnosis? You literally could have been writing my story - the history sounds nearly identical. You and I are both in our 40's. Imagine that! This is what I wrote in preparation for my PCP visit:

- intermittent tachycardia and hypertension (despite no history of high blood pressure, usually low)
- often with sweating, headache, neck pain
- thirsty (much more than usual, including getting up in the middle of the night to drink)
- extremely dry, painful nasal passages not relieved with nasal saline or gel; mouth, however, feels wet
- constant drainage in back of throat that is salty? foul? metallic? At times has tasted like blood or sweet.
- intermittent sensation of swelling of face, neck
- new onset stiff neck, nausea, occasional shooting pain R leg
- new onset teeth and palate pain, tends to occur with head/neck pain
- new onset mental status changes (husband described as subtle, slurring s)
- transient visual field deficits (my phone looked wavy, blurring)

Since my initial visit back in May, a dozen sets of images (CT, MRI, X-rays), 3 courses of antibiotics for a supposed sphenoid sinus infection (which would seem to help for a day or two), as well as visits to the dentist, cardiologist, neurology, endocrinology, etc., it was the ENT and neurosurgeon who independently came to the conclusion that I have a CSF leak. This isn't too far fetched as I did have sinus surgery, which is a risk factor for leaks. I'm currently waiting on a CT myelogram to confirm.

Let me know what happened for you! Seriously... I read your post and thought... my gosh... we could be twins!

Left side of mouth feels numb and I've had headaches and also bad taste my teeth all of a sudden became loose and have hardly any control of eating drinking and I drewl alote