how long dose meth stay in your system?

about 2 days

You can stay high for days..and pass a drug test maybe in two-three days but sorry to inform you the actual chemicals used to make the meth get stored in your fatty tissue and stay in you for life. That is why drug addicts end up craving drugs. It is not just the mental aspect of being an addict like most people think it is...it is actually physical.

**edited by moderator**

1 year or more

I don't believe this is factual (though I could very well be mistaken). Drug tests don't analyze the drug itself, otherwise you would only test positive when high. They test constituent chemicals, which you rightly pointed out are fat-soluble.

However, I disagree that the chemicals remain for the entirety of one's life. When a person metabolizes the fatty tissue that said chemicals are being stored in, they also release the chemicals into their system. Differing drugs are more or less soluble than others, meaning some will absorb to a higher degree and even stay in one's fat cells longer. The length of time a drug will remain in one's system is extremely hard to pinpoint, as this is determined by numerous factors including weight, metabolism, exercise regimen, diet, amount of drug taken, and even the body's experience with filtering out the drug in question. These chemicals remaining indefinitely in one's fatty tissues would mean that, again, you would only test positive while high. The fact that you stop testing positive at a point means that those chemicals have been released and flushed from one's body. Minute amounts may remain after a negative test, because there is a threshold under which you will not trigger a positive result. However, even those trace amounts will eventually be released and excreted.

Also, if it were the case that these constituent chemicals remained in fatty tissue for life, by what mechanism would they trigger cravings? Cravings from meth withdrawal, for instance, are caused by the meth releasing high levels of dopamine into one's system. A person's central nervous system will gradually become accustomed to these high levels of dopamine. It is when usage stops and dopamine levels fall, that a person begins to experience cravings for more dopamine, and thereby more meth. The constituent chemicals for methamphetamine will not affect these cravings, this is all beside the fact that they could not have any kind of effect on any kind of receptor from within their eternal prison of fatty tissue.

I don't mean to be argumentative, I just felt the need to state what I believe to be the facts on this issue. If you could explain where I am incorrect or post evidence that refutes my claims, I would greatly appreciate more insight into this matter.

The most reliable way to pass a drug test when you're worried about testing positive for meth is to *not use meth*. 

I know exactly how much people hate to hear this type of thing but Meth is a very dangerous drug and you should quit while you're ahead and put it behind you.  Seek out treatment if you must, but get away from that drug.  It's the most destructive drug I have ever encountered. 

I know, people hate to hear this.  But please just stop using it.  There are much safer ways to feel good and be happy that don't involve funding your next fix.

I imagine this will most likely fall on deaf ears, but I would be remiss if I didn't say anything.

People have all these horrible experiences with meth and it makes me wonder as to why that hasn't been the case for me ? Ive been using for a year straight now and ive never felt or gotten these so called meth bugs . My brain on meth seems to work wonders , when im high i start being extra productive . I suddenly have the need to read and try to best educate myself on various topics ? Out of my meth use I've built quite a few grow boxes with different layouts , i learned basic motorcycle mechanics and rebuilt my motorcycle , fix broken phones , grow indoor plants , the list is pretty long ... The only downside to all of this is the destruction its obviously doing to me. Not being able to sleep or eat , my physical appearance slowly but surely fading. Ii recently asked for help to quit and i start rehabilitation on the first of december.I'm curious to hear your opinions on my situation ? ✌✌✌