Are the two related?
When my ex goes on a bender she inevitably loses her voice and coughs for 2 days.
We divorced because of her cocaine use, but I am still concerned about her.
I'm certain she is using cocaine, but worried that she might be on meth now too.
Can anyone help me? What are other signs I might look for?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
She has not lost weight - I thought that was a sign, but she is kinda puffy

thanks

As you probably already know Meth has both anaesthetic and caustic irritant properties.  Tissue damage is highly common.  Damaged tissue is replaced with scar tissue which is tough and generally inflexible.  Coughing and bleeding would be common.  Bleeding can also be because meth causes vascular spasms.  (Yes, there are those who have died because of blood asphyxiation).  Unless your ex will see a doctor, I don't have a real answer except for you to report her to the authorities.  They will have her given medical treatment- against her will.  This would be an act of tough, but holy, love in order to save her from herself.  Show Business is rampant with personalities who had to be arrested and forcibly placed in rehab to keep them from destroying themselves.  The worst betrayal in love there is is to stay silent and do nothing.  By the way, I was a touring rocker and went through quite a few friends.  I miss them terribly.

Ya defiantly if the meth she was using was melted down and cut then re rocked up the dealer would wash the dope in acatone 2 turn it back 2 its original color. If she was smoking it ingesting 2 much acatone will make u loose Ur voice and give u what is known as lung butter. Was she coughing up yellow and green flem? If so then acetone is 2 blame. As far is knowing if she is doing meth hard 2 say it effects everyone diffrently. Like if she is sweating a lot and her face is flushed and teeth grinding, repeating the same task over and over agen ya lots of things but if she is if will show eventually

When I used to use meth, I would lose my voice too. It has alot to do with the chemicals in it, but I think she is probably smoking cigarettes alot more (if she smokes that is), and is not eating and drinking fluids as much, so the throat closes up and the phlem gets stuck in there. Also because she is tense in her throat and not talking as much.
I must say I dont really agree with medicalman's opinion that you should call the authorities. When I was using, getting arrested didnt do a damn thing to make me quit. I just got tired of living that way and wanted to be proud of myself for once, so I erased all my phone numbers and that was it... When shes ready shes ready.

To tell look at her sacks and google images of pictures of the two compaired