Im a 23 year old mainliner meth addict. i first shot up at age 12 and been using off and on since. recently since july iv downspirled into my addiction to the point that iv almost lost everything.Kids takin away by family,lost ALL my friends,my man to prison,and iv started to see serious side effects of my use. including split personality's ,extreme paranoia, and feeling of being doomed. Id really need help but iv been sent away so many ways so many places. been to rehab 5 timed already and it never did much obviously. So i dont know what its going to take to be normal or if ill ever be normal again? Help me anyone who knows how i can make use of my usage in a good way in some studys, resurch,something anything? where to go, what to do?

if you first did at 12, how old are you now? i also have the same problem i just got hooked a different way - i use to use heroin almost every day until i had to move that was 3 years ago- when i got here i couldnt find a connect and could only get meth so i started substituding heroin with meth and im pretty much always sick when im not on heroin- got hooked on both but what worked for me was being force to stop i adventully got arrested for possesion went to jail for 2 weeks and got out having to do this program where they drug test u 3 times a week and a bunch of other BS. if i mess up i go to prison for 18 months. its hard and i always feel like sh*t but my freedoms more important still id rather feel like sh*t free then in jail. speed is not that hard to stop. if you can, try to force yourself to feel like sh*t for 2 months without doing any and by then you shouldnt have any physical wthdraw; symptoms at least then u just gotta deal with the mental part which is craving it and thinking about it. it might take awhile before you get over that but once the physical part is gone u can at least do sh*t without having to be high. and 2 months is just what it usally takes but it can be from 1-6 months your gonna have to deal with the physical agony before it goes away but its the only way. be glad your not addicted to opiates i got an addiction for both and im being forced not to use anything at all right now im sick and feeling like sh*t- im cheating in a way because i get prescriptions for dexedrine and valium but the courts got mad because dexedrine shows up as meth in drug tests told my doctor to put me something else that wont and just switched the dexedrine to ritalin which really sucks because all it does is make you feel like your coming down from being high when you feel the effects id rather have a hangover but im gonna keep taking it cuz im addicted to speed really bad too. but i have forced myself to go for a month when first started getting addicted and i would physically feel better now it would probably take me 2 or 3 before i feel ok and id still be sick because i still need some kind of opiate. im toughing it out with help of ritalin and valiums but if you dont think you can put yourself thru the agony go to doctor convice him or her you have adult add and see if you get a prescription for it if u get ritalin just take it and go back and complain about how it makes you feel and you wanna try something else like dexedrine. if you get those pills you feel better without having to shoot up and u can detox yourself from slowly but easy. keep trying different doctors til u get one who will u give u either dexedrine or adderall (dexedrine is better) until then keep in my mind sooner or later your gonna have to deal with agony for a period of time when u decide ur done with it for good. when you think your ready you will be able to do it for a couple months thats the best advice i can give you. addict to addict good luck i hope it gets better for u

First of all NEVER GIVE UP! If you truely want to quit then no matter what stay with it. Let me start by saying that I was an IV Meth user for several years. While it is a very difficult thing to do it can be done. Most people try several times before they finally get it. I know how meth can get such a strong hold of you but you are stronger. You have to seperate yourself from anyone or anything that reminds you of using. You have to literally put yourself in another place away from the easy availability to get it. Using a drug for a long period of time makes it very difficult to stop so if you are serious about quitting you need to do whatever it takes to do so. The best thing you could have on your side is someone that you can trust and that will support you throughout. If someone like this is not available, then by all means please utilize a place like this forum and someone like me who wants to help. Opiate use is quite a bit different from meth use and the withdrawl from that is a lot different as well. Ive had my experiences with these drugs too but meth was my drug of choice. Many people will say that meth users will not go through a physical sickness from stopping usage but I and several others I knew did have physical sickness however it is nothing compared to withdrawl from opiate addiction where it can literally be a physical hell. So let that be a bit of a relief to you. The mental aspect of meth addiction is very difficult to withdrawl from because there are many scary things that can happen to you so being with someone you trust can be a big help. Please dont let this scare you, people withdrawl from meth everyday and are successful. You have to find yourself again. You have to rediscover who you are. Look deep within your heart and find out what it is that you love, what it is that makes you smile and gives you joy and hope. Set small goals for yourself. Having things to look forward to is a very good way to prepare you and inspire you to stick with it. I cant stress enough though, that removing yourself from the avialability to get it and the people and things that you associate with it are extremely important. Ive been clean now for 22 years. I made the decision to stop, removed myself from all temptation, although it was still tough believe me, and found things to live for. I didnt give up until one day i was one day clean, then two, then a week, a month, a year and now 22 years. YOU CAN DO IT!! Any withdrawl from any drug is scary but once you are FREE you are literally liberated, you have your life back and nothing feels better!! IF you want to talk to me perhaps we can trade emails. Let me know how you do. I care! :D

Something else I wanted to add here. PLEASE forgive yourself. So many drug users place a high amount of guilt upon themselves for the people they feel they hurt and for hurting themselves that they can block themselves from healing. Love yourself because you are a wonderful person and you are worth it! !