I am worried mother of 16 years old boy. I would like to know more about meth. Everyday I hear something new about this drug and everyone is talking about it. What is meth used for? I would appreciate any information.

It is normal that you are worried about your son. Raising a child is not an easy task, especially when there are a lot of things that can make him choose the wrong path. I will give you some information about methamphetamine or meth, the more popular name. This is a drug with immense abuse potential. Methamphetamine is known on the street as "speed," "meth," "crank," "crystal-meth," and "glass". It is a central nervous system stimulant of the amphetamine family. Just like cocaine, meth it is a powerful drug that produces alertness, and elation with a variety of adverse reactions. However, the effects of methamphetamine are much longer lasting then the effects of cocaine and the cost is much the same. This is what makes this drug so popular. Meth does a lot of damage to people who use it and it is pretty easy to get this medicine because it is legal and prescribed by physicians for some conditions like obesity and ADD, attention deficit disorders.