Hi! I would like to know some stuff about methadone. I know it is used for drug addicts when getting off the drugs but I also heard it could be used to relieve pain. For what kind of pain is methadone recommended? Thx

Hi! Methadone can be used as pain reliever, for the severest pain. It is usually used for cancer pain or for people suffering from aids when in pain. It is said that it gives such relief that it bring people back to their feet and gives allows them to live their last days on feet and not lying down ib bed not being able to move.
However, it’s use is not widely spread. Mostly because it is associated with treatments for addiction and because many doctors aren’t even aware that methadone it can be used in pain management. It is much cheaper than all the new drugs used to assess pain and it seems that in some cases more effective.

hi my docotr wants to change me to either of these two things i have been on vicodin for a few months now and it is not working anymore they cannot operate so i suffer i was hit by a drunk driver a few years ago i am coinfused about wich one to take i have a high tolerance to pain meds but don't want to walk around all messed up all the time and not able to tlak to people soemone please give me advice

thanks

Hi patty.I was reading your post, and u know, i think that mathadone would be a good choice for u.I too had a high tolerence for pain meds and that was the answer for me :-)

My MD turned me over to methedone a couple of years ago, at my behest, for my use in controlling pain associated with a motorcycling injury.

I shattered my arm and dislocated the same shoulder in a single vehicle wreck, and after several mri's, ct scans and expert surgical considerations, it was decided that surgery would do little good and would likely make matters worse, I began a series of trials at finding a pain management solution to help me work with minimal disorientation.

For me, methedone works. I am clear headed, speak fluently with no slurring. I have found though that I speak my mind a bit more than before methedone so, I have to be careful to not open my mouth and insert my foot in matters of working with difficult people.

I personally use 10mg tablets and they have no negative affect on my sleeping well. They are very, very affordable too and that is a big consideration when compared to some of the opiates available.

I hope this is encouraging news for you and others with ongoing painful injuries.

I hope too that your drunk driver is off the juice and / or no longer drives.

Peace and Godspeed to at least a sense of wellness! He is a very willing participant to help but also requires us to manage our own affairs, i.e., doing our part to live with and overcome human senselessness.

True Love is key,
John Thomas

How long should one wait from suboxone to methadone

methedone is a very serios drug and you will regret using it for pain sorry but thats just how it is ok i hope you will listen o.O :-) :O :$ :-S

the cure is worse than the cause,pls,look in2 anything except methadone!I"VE BEEN TRYIN 2 COME OFF IT 4 OVA 10YRS,doesnt matter what the reason u get on it 4,the horrors of gettin off & leaving it behind r 3 outta every 100!(my dr. told me this!)its the devils drug!

I used methedone to detox and before that to get high. I must say it could go either way, for cancer i would recommend. cheaper and more effective. Depending on the dose and ones own tollerance or lack there of it could be very effective. I finally took control after 10 yrs of heroin addiction. And detoxed in less than a week under hospital care and methedone . You can abuse any drug you choose. Its a matter of control. If you have none and your looking to just get more xup than that is what you will get . I think moderation is the key any more than 10 mil a day and you have an addiction and your trying to get high. I would not advise taking this for long periods of time as it is more damaging than heroin on the bodys organs and is deadly when trying to detox after yrs of use. Ive seen people srival away on the stuff and its not nice. For short term and monitored correctly great. There is no need for long term in regards to addiction its just swapping one for a legal version. IF you want to kick with it 1 wk and get it over with. Other wise you dont want to get clean so stop wasting peoples time. By the way I would in my throws of addicton mix 50 mil with a shot and wholy sh*t I would get high as hell. Doesnt stop the urge that is bull sh*t it stops the shakes and the withdrawl of heroin that is all. The cravings are always there. Ten yrs clean and I still have drug dreams. I pray for all those in the throws of addicton that they may find a way out. I pray someone reaches out to you and helps because that is truly what helps some one who cares enough to put out a hand and for you to take it.

suffering from two very bad back surgeries with rods and screws now sticking out of my back, cancer twice that left very tender scaring on my chest and sides and now cancer again I take 60 ml of oxycontin a day, but can't afford it any more so the Drs. are trying 5 mg of methadone twice a day. Will I be sorry?

I'm diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Type II (fancy words for permanent nerve damage). I've been taking hydrocodone for past 2+ years w/pretty good results, but now a spine doctor I've started seeing has taken me off the hydros & now has me taking 30 mg (every 8 hours) daily of methadone. Second day in I'm at work trying everything I can to just stay awake. Finally by lunchtime, I had to have 2 co-workers drive me & my vehicle home because I could not stay awake.

I've also been prescribed 1000 mg daily of Gabapentine, but the combination of all this is making me a zombie. The spine doctor also talks about using ridline (sp?) in future -- I'm beginning to think I need a new doctor, cause I've heard bad things about that drug! Any advice about all this would be much appreciated.

NOT widely spread? In the REAL World, you could be on it, tommorrow. There are Methedone Treatment Clinic's, Pain Clinic's and Private Doctors (which are harder to find a Dr. whom will write). All you have to do to get into a Methdone Clinic is show dirty for an opiate. Clinic's treat mostly addict's, but treat for pain, too. The problem with this is at these clinic's; you usually have to go to dose Monday-Saturday (some you have to go on Sunday, too.You have to work and show clean urines to get Take-home privledges. I go to a private Dr and receive 10x10mg Methedone pill's a day and my other med's. I am on Xanax also and receive 4x1mg per day. I have plenty left over each month. And, I KNOW my Dr will up my meds; if I need to.

New Member

try tapering. I was on it for 10 years, finally had surgery and after a few months, didnt need that kind of help for pain anymore so told my doc I was going to separate from it. After he recovered from having a patient who wanted to stop, on their own volition, with no pressure to do so, he prescribed me meds to help with any withdrawal agonies and I began to taper...terrified, I'd had a siezure a few years before when I had a great week n skipped the methadone, not realizing my body had developed a physical dependence, you do not have to be addicted to have withdrawals btw... it took me two months of lowering the dose then finally breaking the pills down smaller and smaller until I was on 1/6 of one 10 mg pill per day, then took the leap, really afraid, but had no wd symptoms whatsoever. nada, nothing didn't need any of the supporting meds. It CAN be done, just decide, then taper slowly but consistently and stick to it. If you cut again too early, you'll know, so just give yourself another day or two at the previous dose and cut it down again...you wont even notice unless you still have pain...best wishes. Its absolutely possible, and easy even, if you taper carefully.

New Member
Methadone is very effective pain control with no obvious or intoxicating side effects, It worked better than any other med I've tried for my spinal arthritis/scoliosis etc. one 10 mg pill could take me from bedridden and barely able to ambulate, to gently working in my garden or walking the dog, eating junk to cooking nutritious meals..HUGE difference in quality of life.
However, while you may not become addicted, I do not have addictive behaviors or cravings etc so did not, you WILL nonetheless develop a physical dependence after a couple of weeks on it; one you MUST keep in mind when/if your pain begins to heal and you are ready to separate from it. Do NOT just stop. I had a seizure when I stopped only for a week because I had multiple successful treatments and did not need it for pain during that short time, I did not know about physical dependence until I found out the very hard way. So you must TAPER, do not skip tapering, do not rush it either. take a month or two and just take less every couple to three days...I continued until I was taking only 1/6 of a 10mg per day, then with fear in my heart [due to previous seizure], I made the leap, and behold...nothing bad happened. No withdrawal at all. so 1. never abruptly stop taking it even if its only been a couple of weeks, 2. Ask for medical support for your separation. I chose to stop on my own volition, as my pain was improved after surgery, I requested support for any possible w/d agony I might have happen, anti nausea, anti anxiety, sleep medicine, appetite stimulation, things like that, to attenuate the w/d pain I was expecting, but never had to use any of it. So its great for pain, just use only as directed, less is always best and separate carefully.
Most Hydrocodone has Tylenol in it. That is more dangerous long term than the hydrocodone is.It builds up in your liver and does permanent damage... that med ts also not very effective for chronic pain, you build up a tolerance fairly quickly, in the scheme of things, so it is even less effective as time goes on. I did not have that happen with methadone. It worked the same from first dose to last. never any need to increase strength or dose Best of luck.