Hi.
I'm a newbie. I hope I will get response...I know that some people don't read posts of people they don't know, and I understand.
I am a junkie. I do it all except heroin......I have 2 buddies that have kept me hooked up with methadone & I've probably put both their kids through college. I also have friends who hook me up with tabs, percs, oxy's & roxy's. I'm just a friggin pill junkie and I want my life back. I've been reading the posts because I've had a little bit of methadone withdrawals which SUCK WORSE THAN ANYTHING I'VE EVERY EXPERIENCED! Still, I've found that I can take basically any opioid and feel better, although I guess the methadone makes me feel the best.

So, my questions revolve around how long to wait before I go to my small town suboxone clinic? There are several docs in town that range in price from $150 - $1100 for my initial visit, then all are basically $100 per visit. The least expensive place told me I could walk in tomorrow & the doctor would give me suboxone. I inquired: "I just took a dose of 40mg methadone yesterday & 60 mg roxy's today. Shouldn't I wait before I start taking the drug?" He mumbled something about "free receptors," making me certain that I had done more homework more than him. Okay, so I'm NOT going to this particular clinic because of what this guy said. I'm on a waiting list for another doctor, so no idea when they'll call me & tell me there's an opening. In the mean time, I'm wondering what is going to be the best drug for me to try to take until I get the much anticipated call. Should I try to maintain with tabs, roxy's & avoid the methadone, since it takes SO LONG to get out of my system?

Am I thinking in the right direction here?
I really will appreciate feedback, as I'm DETERMINED to get off the others.....I'll let the doctor help me get off the suboxone when he or she thinks I'm ready. I'm just worried about what's going to be the best route for me to make the smooooothest transition from the coctail of insanity I've been consuming for years (it didn't get really out of control until about 6 months ago though)? Oh, also, I've found that a valium or xanax helps with my withdrawals. Is it okay to take them after the phone call, before the suboxone to make life easier?

Thanks, & God Bless!@
Kent

Kent, sounds so much like my last 6 years of life. I started taking loratabs, perks and my last opiate was the Fent patch. If your doctor does all proper you should be opiate free for 3 days and you will feel like c**p. You need to be opiate free for the sub to enter your brain and body because this is the only way you will get the effects needed. If you must take the sub, i would not take that c**p longer then 21 days at the most. I have been on suboxone over 4 years and has caused me nothing but a nightmare of a life. I have tapered from 16 mgs to 6 mgs in a month and i will go to 4 mgs next week and go CT and suffer for a few months if not longer because this drug is much more powerful then most drs realize. Only a 8 hour program is needed for a dr to give out sub like candy and most of that 8 hours is a movie. My quack dr had me on 24 mgs of sub and thats insane. In Europe they give tabs of .20 mg and .40 mg and they are finding this is plenty for most patients. Subs are ok at first, you think they are a gift from above. They will give you a slight buzz and they do take the craving away but after a long period they take your life away. You will become depressed, feel alone, cause you to not associate and the worst is they take your sex drive away. What kind of drug is that?. My last visit with my dr after 4 years suggested i taper to 8 mgs as they are finding this is the so called normal dose. But 8 mgs of sub is a hell of a lot of this c**p. Go to..... and get the facts on this c**p. The sub will turn on you over time and take your life away and you will be a slave to this drug. I wish like hell i never would have heard of suboxone or subutex!!! If taken over a long period the wds are the worst of many opiates. Soon i get off this c**p as i look back at my last 4 years it has been a nightmare. If anyone tells you this sub is not addictive they are full of sh*t. Getting off 2 mgs is hell!!!!..The younger you are and the least amount of time you take the easier it will be to get of this c**p. JMO

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hi NoSub.
I took my last dose of methadone (20mg) on Monday and used roxies 15mg at a time until Wednesday night. I didn't sleep a wink, but never got the body aches (I soaked in the hot tub about 5 different times and kept drinking either water or oj). I have done TONS of research online about suboxone, and most ppl told me that docs will tell you to take WAY more of the stuff than 98% of the people need. So, I took 2mg, waited an hour, took 2mg more, then finally fell asleep for a few hours and woke up NOT wanting drugs for the first time since 2004!
I took 2mg more, and MAY take 2mg more tonight if I feel the need for it. In such a low dose, I didn't get a buzz.....but I wasn't looking for a buzz, just a way to get off the JUNK I've been throwing my money away on.
My advice is TAPER yourself 25% & wait 4 days, then if you're doing okay, taper 25% more & wait 4 days. That's the best advice I've read so far. Here is a link to the MOST USEFUL post I've read on the c**p:
I hope it will work for you. My doc gave me 24mg to take each day, but told me NOT to take more than I felt like I needed and we'd adjust it. He also assured me he wasn't gonna simply substitute methadone for suboxone, cuz the goal is to get me CLEAN (I've been alcohol free for almost a year, so soon & can say "I'm clean & sober).
God Bless you, and THANKS for answering me!
I wish you success with your coming of sub! You can do it I'm sure if you take it slow and easy!
I hope to hear back from you soon!
Kent

Welcome to Steady Health KYEONGTI,
My suggestion to you, try taking the lowest dose of what ever pain medication until you get on Suboxone. Then don't let the Doctor tell you or talk you into taking Suboxone longer than necessary. They are just finding out what long term effects or damage (liver) suboxone can have on body and your mind. Take it from a person who has been on this (Suboxone) differnet names, same drug since 1999. Suboxone came out in the year 2006. Before than it was Subutex and before that it was Buprenex (which was injectable). At one time I was on 8mg 3x a day.
After months and months of tampering off I am finally down to 1mg. For me it has been extremely difficult. I believe it is the amount of time using Suboxone. So please don't get caught up use Suboxone for a short detox. That is what Suboxone was made for. It was not made for long term usuage. I have found out so much about Suboxone I wish I had know about Suboxone before taken it. Good Luck!

I've just started sub treatment from an addiction to oxycodone 30mg 2 times a day. I do not want to get addicted to sub how long should I take sub before i get addicted? Any help would be benifical just want to get back on the straight path.

Hello Kent & Welcome to the forum,
My sugestion and I wish my Doctor would of told me this, take Suboxone to detox. Don't stay on it long term!!! I have been on this drug for years and my brain chemistry is so messed up. I have been trying since Feb. 2012 to taper off. Now I have found a website (not withdrawl-ease) and I started taking supplements to build my brain chemistry back to normal. I find it very relaxing and able to eat & sleep through the night. I am not completely off but I am down to 1 mg and I don't feel like I am losing my mind. Don't get restless leg syndrome. I have so much faith in this supplement that I even became a distrubutor. Good Luck
P.S. Haven't I chatted with you before?

Hi MonaLisa913,

i am currently on methadone and want to taper down and jump to Suboxone. & then taper off. I have been through withdraw Before and it was excruciating! I would like to know what supplements you r taking that help with your brain chemistry  & Help with restless legs?  I really need some ad vice , I've been a prisoner of methadone for over ten years and its time to get my life back.

thanks a bunch! 

LISTEN TO ME VERY CAREFULLY BUD.... DONT get on suboxone for more than 2 weeks MAX, one week is preferable. Suboxone is HIGHLY addictive and the doctors that prescribe it to you wont tell you that and they will put you at an unnecessarily high dose for an asinine amount of time. Take it for one week while withdrawing and then stop. If you get hooked on suboxone the withdrawals are LONGER and terrible. Please be smart and don't make the mistake I did. I got on suboxone 2 years ago for heroin and oxy habits and im still on suboxone fighting to get clean from them. God bless and goodluck.