I just found out today that I am pregnant. Based on the date of conception, I am around 7 weeks. I have scheduled a doctor appt for tomorrow. But I can't stop worrying that my baby is feeling my withdrawals. I am a patient at the methadone clinic. I am currently on MSW (medically supervised withdrawal). I was on 100mgs for a year. 6 months ago I decided I was ready and strong enough to start tapering and that is when I started MSW. I am currently on 45 mgs and clean from any other drugs for 8 months. I have not dosed in 4 days, and I am feeling awful. I haven't had the money to go dose and even when I tell counselor at clinic they still will not provide financial assistance when pregnant. I am dosing tomorrow morning. Should I go to ER to make sure baby is doing fine or will it be safe to wait and go dose tomorrow?

I commend you for trying to taper. I am 9 weeks and on 30mg day. I have been on the program for 10 years and was tapering before. I got pregnant From my research it seems much easier to taper off methadone if you're already low dose. For anyone above 50mg I recommend you staying at your current dose but slow taper for under the 50 mg mark is great. I told them if I feel sick I'll say something but I at least want to try for mu baby. All of our decisions are in Gods hands and anything can cause miscarriage so go slow taper off methadone foe those who are trying and make sure you have a good support network and go to meetings to help with the taper.

Yes I defiately recommend you not stopping and do a slow taper just stopping you and the baby will withdrawl and put yourself at a much higher risk to mumiscarriage. Your methadone clinic cannot just detox a pregnant woman even if you can't pay Call your doctor. I believe that's against the law. Stay and do a slow taper off your 45ng your at good level to detox but go to meetings to help with your taper good luvk