hey, i have been on methadone almost 2 years, im down from 75mg to 2mg next week ill be at 1mg. if anyones reading this i was wondering if it makes a difference if i wait till im at zero mg or is it the same to discontinue taking the methadone at 1mg. also i was wondering about clonidne should i take it? will it help? umm.... im on a nutritional hike lately and along with increases in fiber and hole wheat and vitmamin c and a complete abstinence of red meat does any one have anyother tips or stories that relate to my current situation?. THANKS %-)

my husdand and i are detoxing right now as well he went from 80 to 40 then 5 mgs a week till the last weekwe did 2.5. i did the same but i was only on 30. he has been an addict for 17 yrs and i have been one for 11. we are 6 days clean. lots of vitamins, b12, boost drinks,lots of water, and you should eat lots of fruit. you many have to force yourself to each. anxiety is the worst and sleeplessness is hard. our withdrawls were about the same from 2.5 to 1. we home detoxed. you have to keep living your life. i work 66 hrs a week and have to pretend everything is ok. everyday gets easier you have to push yourself to keep going. good luck :-) :-) :-)

thanks alot, are you guys feeling better? your working 66 hours a week? thats insane to me, my back gets bad bad knots when i detox its brutal. best of luck too you guys

today is day 7 the only the we are dealing with is anxiety. we take advil a couple times of day and a heating pad heats alot too for your legs and back. we are going to start talking to a counselor this week. all the thoughts that methodone blocked came back full force. those r enough to make you break down or use again. every town has mental/ drug places you can go to that will do a sliding scale fee. the do cost alot sometimes but not using again is worth it. the 66 hrs a week is a killer but at the end of each day i know i did it drug free and that is the best feeling in the world. everyday you like you cant do it but u can. take a shower everyday when u get up helps to. it is all mental now and that is really the hard part. but do not let the devil win. there is light i promise. let us know if you have anymore questions i am glad to help. :-D

wow i admire your strength, im almost done i have only two drinks left, i started taking clonidine yesterday , i like it, i think it will be fine. my doc wants me to stay at 1mg for a while but i dont agree, im ready. i live far far from where i used to use drugs so im definately not gonna relapse and i wont seek any conselers or meetings. im gonna put this / that time in my life behind me. im done! almost

how are u doing how are u feeling day 9 and i feel better that when i was methodone. keep pushing on.

today is my last day, i drank my last dose. 9 days eh? feeling better then when you were on the methadone? i can handle that, i was on methadone less then you guys and i came down way slower then you guys aswell so hopefully my withdrawl will be same. a lot of people say i takes a month but they probley dont eat enough greens and dont take vitamin boosts like us. either way im ready to quit im strong and im stable. im ready! thanks for the replies ill update my progress aswell

Today things are gettiing even better, sore legs and back come and go, by now we are used to it, our anxiety level is still high, especially in the morning, my husband says he feels like his body is covered in icy-hot, like a bone chilling sensation. Make sure you keep busy, your mind is going to go a thousand miles an hour, and all that the methadone has blocked out will come back. My husband is having a hard time with things he did while using before he got on methadone, You are going to want a break from the withdrawls after about 7 days they let up some, what ever you do dont take any narcotics, it will make it worse. Go outside a lot the sun gives you energy, and makes you feel better than looking at the walls all day. All in all, we made it, we have came so far and we had our doubts, these are the first 9 days in over 13 years my husband has not taken any pain medication, and me 11, if we can do it anyone can. you may not feel any withdrawls the first two days, but they will come, my husband thought he was in the clear since the first 3 days he felt no withdrawls, and it kicked him in the butt, good luck and keep me posted, remember force yourself to take a shower every morning, and get out the house.

naw i won't use any other narcotics i moved when i got on the program 2yrs ago. all those ppl i used drugs with have had no contact from me since. i have no way to get anything as i have no money. i commend you guys on your recovery, i truly belive that if you guys can do it i can do it too..... thanks again.

I was on Methadone for 3-4 years. My last does was 20mg about 8 days ago...I feel like I'm dying. Why did the doctor say "Your on a pretty low dose and shouldnt have too many problems" The HELL I say. Anxiety, stomach cramps, leg aches, can't sleep, miserable!!!! I have had to take a pain pill occasionally just to function. Am I prolonging the worst by doing this or am I almost out of the dark? :'(

Lori365, I don't know if you still out there or where your at but I hope you get this. I just happen to come across this doing a research paper. I was on methadone for 4 years, was never addicted to anything till my doctor gave me vicodine. Don't ever go cold turkey 20 mgs is a lot. I don't know what got you to the clinic but one thing I do know it's hard as hell to get out of those places once your in. There is a new drug out called Suboxone, I went into a rehab clinic to get off the methadone and they put me on Suboxone it worked great. Methadone will stay in your body for months it gets into your bones so every now and then you may have withdrawal feelings they usually wont last long, but my advice is get on the suboxone, the best thing I ever did, you stay on it for a short time and your done. For people that are addicted to pain killers DON'T GO TO A METHADONE CLINIC it's trading one evil for a worse evil. A meth clinic is no place for someone with a pain pill addiction. On the Suboxone you have no withdrawl feelings but don't stay on it longer than you need. it's a fairly new drug, So not all is known about it yet. But it worked great for me and others I know. Good luck to you and anyone else out there.

l

Hi, everyone so sorry to hear of all the problems of getting off methadone. I was taking 30 mg. a day cut down to10 mg. a day, spoke with my DR. and i ask to get off of methadone. Sure she said, no warring about side effects, I was unable to sleep for three nights called my dr. no respons. I have such a back pain and leg pains that I thought I am going out of my mind. Called back to the DR. office and was told that I am not having withdrawls and that there is nothing I can do. I have fibromaglia for the last ll years. I am unable to work and many other daily actives. Methadone is often given for pain, and I have been in so much pain I would take anything a DR. would give me, not any more I would look up the side effects first. E would sy anxiety, leg aches( would like to chop off both legs) can't sleep and I too am miserable!!!!!!!!! How long do the side effect last for l0 mg. a day, does anyone know. Thanks for tgh information :'(

lori365 wrote:  I am a retired sports person with 12 surgereys under my belt. Eight years of pain killiers. I took everthing as high as daloted even that stoped working. Taking 50 pills a day just to kill the pain. Never had i put any drug in my body not even beer. No somking no nothing. The last thing for me to try was methadone. I was verry scard to take this drug from what i have heard about. I told my self i would never go over the 40 mlg that they start you at. Ii took me six months to taper down to 1.25 mlg. I was to take it for 21 more days i did not do that. I took it for 3 more days and then stopped. I aslo looked online and found some suff calld withdrawl ease. it seems to work well it has all the erbal things your brian and body needs. Went thourgh detox once. This time is much easier. Our brian needs to heal. The vitamins will help restore your brian . That means less withdrawl. I have done a lot of planning to get to this piont. I have clonadine that i am taking when it gets bad. I amon day 5 and doing better. Day 3/4 were th wurst so far. I have 5 fusions in my back  and it hurts but drugs are worse. I HAVE WORK OUT FOR THE LAST 10 DAYS I AM PUSHING THOURGH WE ALL CAN . DONT GIVE UP THE REWARDS WILL BE YOUR LIFE BACK STAY FOCUSED NO MATTER WHAT THE DOCTORS TELL YOUIF IT IS TO .  ONE MORE THING  IF TI IS TO TUFF FORYOU LOOKUP IBOGAINE ON LINE ITS A DOOR WAYOUT WITHOUT WITHDRAWL  ITS AROUND 7000.00 AND YOU HAVE TO GO TO CANADA OR MEXICO. DOSE IT WORK YES IT DOSE. I HAD PLANS TO GO BUT IT LOOKS LIKE I AMDE IT THOURGH. GO LUCK AND IF I WERE YOU GET DOWN ON YOU KNEES AND ASK GOD FOR DIRRECTION HE WILL PROVIDE IT FOR YOU ,THEN FOLLOW THAT PATH.

i am so proud of you! i am on 32 mls and plan to be off by the end of the year by 5mls a month.

Don't tell people "Ibogaine works" when you've never taken ibogaine and know absolutely nothing about it. I've taken Ibogaine. It's a scam. Stayed clean for about 9 days and then BAM right back on methadone. You've probably watched some YouTube videos and visited a few websites. Well, I flew to godforsaken Costa Rica, wasted nearly ten grand-- and I'm telling you: THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH. And Ibogaine is nothing more than a scam. It doesn't work. Period.