I'm 33 years old. My cycles have always been regular - 28-39 days. I've been trying to get pregnant for well over a year. I suspected a defective luteal phase but I'm not so sure anymore. For the last FIVE months, I've had mid-cycle bleeding (~day 12-15) with very faint cramps. Seems to be getting heavier each month and there is more blood the day after my husband and I have intercourse. I can't get any answers from my doctor. Can anyone help please???

I have never replied to one of these before, but this is just too similar. I have the exact same problem. I am 29 and have to children already, trying for #3 for the past three months. I have always experienced spotting during ovulation, always on day 12. When I was yonger (pre pregnancy and pre-pill), it would last for days. However, since I had my children, my periods have been lighter and my ovulation spotting has been just noticeable - 12-24 hrs. Now that we started trying again, it seems I have gone haywire - light spotting lasting 3-4 days (this month 7 days!!), seeming to get slightly heavier (or reappearing) after sex. I know that ovulation bleeding is normal for me - but why the duration is changing, I don't know. And I also question if these changes are affecting my ability to conceive. I don't know if this is more of a question or an answer, but I know what you mean.

Wow! Someone responded. I hadn't checked this site in a while and I found your response. Thanks.

Are you still having the same problem? I am. This month I bled for 4 days (Day 13-17). Still trying but not PG yet...

From what I hear and read, ovulation spotting is normal but I dunno...

Have you heard anything else? Good luck!

I am also experiencing the same thing. We have been trying to get pregnant for a few months but no luck yet. I've been to my doctors a few times about this and they seem to blow it off. I am going back in a few weeks to have an endometrial biopsy done to try to get to the bottom of this bleeding. If I find out anything I will let you know.

This is very similar to what I'm experiencing. We're trying to get pregnant - have been trying since I went off the pill about a year ago. Since going off the pill, my periods have remained regular; however about 6 months after going off the pill I started experiencing minor spotting about a week before my periods - lasting 2-4 days. My doctor was not concerned because the timing was so close to my normal period. This month, I'm experiencing mid-cycle bleeding for the first time - around the time of ovulation. It's surprisingly heavy (not quite a normal period, but close) and has lasted for about 6 days now.

I have no idea what this means but I would like to find out. I would also like to know if this is something that I should be concerned about.

If anyone has any input, please let me know. Thanks!

My DH and I have been really ttc #1 for 6 months now. I've also experienced mid cycle spotting but this month was different, on day 13 (yesterday), I had bright red bleeding (on underwear not tp, sorry tmi!) but only that one time, then very slight brownish spotting today (barely noticeable). Not sure what is going on this cycle. Any ideas, anyone??

I too am having the same problem as everyone else. Except now my periods seem to be heavier, the midcyle spotting has turned into bleeding. I've been searching the internet for adivce and some encouragement that I'm still able to get pregnant, but all i'm find are others with similiar issues but no one coming out and saying " hey this is what I found out" Anyone have any advice for me please?

I also have ovulation spotting with a dark brownish red discharge. I haven't been taking any birth control methods. I'm not even sexually active at 22 (plan to wait). My periods have always been regular ~30 days. I usually have very heavy periods. I have to change tampons as often as 2-3 hrs or else they overflow for the first two days (don't get much sleep those days). My period cramps are also very bad. I take ibuprofen as soon as it starts to alleviate most of the pain. I also have ovulation cramps, but that only lasts for a short while.

The ovulation spotting used to occur only now and then, but for the last few years, the ovulation spotting now occurs every month and lasts almost a week. The ovulation cramps happen sometime inbetween the bleeding (it varies).

I don't have health insurance and can't afford an obgyn anyway, so i've been trying to research online. i only found out that ovulation spotting is normal and occurs for a few days, but i haven't been able to find an answer as to why mine last so long and why it's as heavy as my light period days (most ppl just get light spotting, mine goes through my clothes sometimes). I guess I have a semi-stressful lifestyle with applications and finding work.

I seem to get almost everything relating to menstrual cycles...without pain meds, i would be a goner. During menstruation, I get nausea, diarrhea, cold sweats, muscle weakness, very painful cramps (can't even stand up for hours at a time), etc. I have had to leave school and work b/c I get so weak, pale, and sweaty (and in pain) that i can't do anything without doubling over. Inbetween periods, I get spotting after periods, during ovulation, and before periods, as well as the cramps during ovulation.

I know each of these symptoms are normal individually, but is it normal to have all of them almost every month? It's driving me insane. My entire life is becoming my period.

question! since most of you have children and stuff u might be able to help me...I'm only 16 years old. My boyfriend and I usually use condoms but this last time on the 22nd of July he tried the pull-out method..he didnt ejaculate in me but two days after i got slight bleeding. I'm not suppose to get my period for another 9 days. my last period was on the 3rd and last until the 10th. Could i be pregnet? i hope not! i mean i love kids but seriously..im only 16 :/ HELP ME!!

Why dont you just see your gynecologist? It doesn't make sense.

To the 16 year old who posted last month... You've probably found out by now if you're pregnant or not. My guess is that you're not. I hope that's so. :-) Sometimes, before I wanted children, I would bleed after sex, but I felt it was because husband had injured my cervix during sex. Plus, I don't think most teenagers' periods are completely regular...so you might actually have started your period.

But in all honesty, you should always use a condom.I know you already know that...but I'm sure you want to keep yourself from getting pregnant. Not to mention that condoms keep you from getting anything else. Not all STDs are visible....HPV can be a silent virus that can lead to cervical cancer. Just be careful. The only one in charge of your safety is you.

In my experience... i have almost always been on the pill, always had ovulation pain but no visable bleeding (from google research it seems ovulation pain is caused by the blood working its way out through the muscles and wotnot). However, I came off the pill 5 months ago, got pregnant immediately, miscarried (missed) at 10 weeks and at 12 weeks had a D & C (operation to remove the pregnancy and lining). In both ovulations since then I've bled. And I don't know what its caused by or what it signifies,.

I have no answers a) because I've never known a normal cycle b) it could all be post pregnancy trauma to the uterus c) my hormones must be very chaotic (you can bleed when your estrogen (sp?) dips suddenly) and d) the possibility also that bleeding at ovulation can mean you are pregnant (egg implanting into womb lining and hitting a capillary) though I don't think that's true in my case.

My own weird little theory (remember I've just miscarried so I'm irrational and over thinking things) is unfertilizable eggs might be bloody and brown at ovulation if they are breaking down from the get go ...

Anyway, i think my point is...if this is affecting you, the most important thing is to check it's not an infection (does it smell bad go see a doctor). Otherwise, it might be hormonal thing (give it a few months and see a doctor) . And if not, it might be pregnancy,but don't freak out you'll know in about 3 weeks. Otherwise, does anyone think the other option of it being disintegrated eggs could even be a possibility? Apparently after 35 you only produce 6 eggs a year but have 12 periods so.. can women fire blanks too?

c
x

I am currently experiencing this same problem, and can't find an answer anywhere. like the original post, my cycles are 39 days and this is day 13 - so I don't get it. next week is supposed to be my fertile week. Has anyone gotten any sort of answer from anyone? Could this actually be considered a period though, and that today is day 1?

I am also having mid cycle traces of blood that I don't remember ever having before. I have pcos and cycles range from 32-48 days. I did get pregnant naturally however in April and I had a D&C at 14 weeks due to problem with baby. I've since had 4 cycles(irreg) 2 of which I have tried to conceive unsuccessfully and I noticed mid cycle traces of blood accompanied by lower back pain and mild cramping. I've heard it can be a sign of ovulation but I also believe my eggs are unable to be fertilized(possibly due to PCOS/hormonal fluctuations). Not getting any definitive answers but I have been told by the doctor that a menstrual cycle does not necessarily mean you have definitely ovulated (especially when have irregular menstrual history).

I am 36 years old, have had two kids, not on the pill. for the past 4 or 5 years I have had all of the same problems, spotting when have sex, spotting irregular, spotting 5 + days and 7+ days of cycle, body aches, irregular cycles, lactating, my uterus fills like it contracts when I lactate, lower back pains going down my leg, long and heavy cycles, head aches, cyst that don’t go away for months, horrible pelvic pains, fatigue and very frustrated. I was going to my Primary Doc and they could not figure it out so she told me it was all in my head and gave me a pill. I was angry and moved to another doctor. It was a coincidence I went to my eye doctor and my peripheral vision was going bad, sight changing etc. He told me get a cat scan and finally found that I had a lesion on my pituitary gland. This gland regulates hormones and could explain many of my symptoms. I have to go for more tests, blood work and see an endocrinologist. I have a long maternal history of ovarian cancer as well. I took the genetic test it came back negative. But as I was told this is the only gene that they look for and there are many they don’t know about yet that is connected to this type of cancer. Keep trying to find a doctor that listens. Please don’t give up your bodies are telling you there is something wrong. A lot of docs now a day are pill happy and their practice has become a numbers game. I have also used an acupuncturist to control pain she works wonders.