I am a 28 year old mother of 2. I started my period on Feb. 19th and expeirienced light pink spotting on March 5th and some cramping on the 6th. From what I have read most people ovulate around this time. Could I have ovulated early? I have been pregnant 3 times and have always had implantation bleeding and have never spotted for any other reason. It just seems too early to have ovulated and had implantation. My cycles are typicaly 30 days long and pretty reliable.

Hi there! All of this depends on how long your menstrual cycle is. Ovulation period is counted by subtracting 14 to 16 days from the date of your next period and not counted from the beginning of your period like many women think. So, if you have shorter menstrual cycles, it is quite possible that you ovulated earlier, which is actually normal for your cycle and are now experiencing implantation.

This is only one of a few possible explanations. Some women experience ovulation bleeding and cramping. The bleeding is pink to red, light and it lasts for 1 or 2 days and it doesn’t resemble periods.
However, this could also indicate ovarian cysts that often mess up with periods and cause spotting. There is nothing you can do except wait for your period and see if you got pregnant.

If you hadn’t you could still visit a gynecologist and see if there were something that could have caused your spotting or cramping.

Ovarian cysts usually cause pain during ovulation as well as during periods.

I don't know how it's possible to count backward from the start of your next period when you don't even know when that will be. If a woman's cycle is 28 days, normally she'll ovulate around day 14. If it's 30 days, it'll be more like around day 15 or 16, etc.

I normally have 29-30 day cycles. I usually ovulate (based on prolonged use of temping and ovulation predictor kits) between the 14th and 16th day. However I just finished a six-day period about seven days ago, and I started spotting about three days ago. It's too early to be ovulation spotting, unless I ovulated very early. If I haven't ovulated yet, I have no idea why I've been spotting for three days. I'm very concerned. I'm sorry I don't have any extra info for you. I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one with this sort of weird stuff happening.

I'm having the same problem I have no kids but I ended my period on the 5 may 2012 n started bleeding on the 9th had unprotected sex on the 26 april but he pulled out so for three days I have been bleeding breast sore n a little discomfort but no serious cramps