Hi there, i needed a specialist to answer this question since i couldnt find the answer right away. I have been trying to conceive during my ovulation period and i started 3 days ago. However today after i came back from hiking, i felt a gush of liquid coming out and i thought it was my discharge. Later i found spotting and a thick sticky jelly-like blood hanging out. I jumped to conclusion tht it was an early miscarriage and couldnt possibly be an implantation due to the short period. I need a specialist confirmation before seeing my doc the following week.

Hi Guest,

What are you using to calculate when you ovulate?  Why would you expect your discharge 3 days after ovulation?

Think about this, if it "couldn't possibly be an implantation" then you couldn't be having a miscarriage.  You have to be pregnant first and you'd have to implant to be pregnant.

Hey

Did you consider it may be 'ovulation bleeding' being as you had worked out 3 days earlier you may be ovulating.  I know right between periods, implantation bleeding and ovulation bleeding its a wonder we ever don't have a day without some sort of bleeding occurring, 8-|but in some women it is possible to bleed when ovulating.Ovulation spotting normally occurs right before ovulation or during ovulation. It may appear as light bleeding or brown or pinkish spotting. Sometimes it will be mixed with egg-white looking cervical mucous- which may explain the jelly like stuff you saw,, being covered in the blood perhaps.. There are other causes of mid-cycle spotting but if the spotting occurs around the time ovulation is expected, there is a good chance that the spotting is a result of ovulation.I think as Dan has said already there needs to be a pregnancy to have a miscarriage, and if you had got your ovulation bang on 3 days ago, it would have taken maybe 24 hours for everything to reach the destination, another 24-48 to do all the splitting of cells etc, not really long enough for a pregnancy to have taken place...In my non medical opinion.  Implantation bleeding tends to appear a week after ovulation, so again I would have ruled this out IF your calculation of ovulation was correct, as it would also be too soon for implantation bleeding.

Hi Guest,

Theres a big difference between implantation and early miscarriage. I've had both and you certainly know when you have a miscarriage or chemical pregnancy. Implantation is spotting and lasts day no longer but miscarrige is an early period but worse because its very heavy, painful and has lots of clots as your body shreds the lining of the uterus to get rid of any left over baby bits and this usually lasts almost a week.