Hi! I have been searching forever trying to figure out how you can tell the difference between implantation bleeding and ovulation bleeding. I had a light pink discharge for a few hours, 9 days after unprotected sex, and 16 days after the start of my period. I have never had bleeding that was unrelated to my period. To be more specific, my last period started on October 8th, had sex on the 15th, and noticed the discharge on the 24th.
Please help!

There's not much difference actually... the best way to know if you are pregnant is thru a test... implantation bleeding only explains why you bleed during your pregnancy... there are times when you bleed because you have cysts in your ovaries and they just pop, hence, causing the bleeding...

I don't think you should base your doubts on being pregnant or not with the bleeding that you experience.

I believe it's too early for you to check whether you are pregnant or not - if you have a 28-days cycle then likely you will have your period by 4th November.

After taking a test and if it shows that you are not pregnant, then you better see a doctor and have yourself checked up for the bleeding you had. This will determine if you have any infection or anything that you need to be treated for.

i have read several articles and all of them say that some woman have implantation bleeding at about 8-10 days past ovulation sounds as though that is what you are having.

Hi. I have been experiencing something very similiar which has never happened to me. I think I have a 28 day cycle because usually I start my period anywhere between the 4th to the 8th of the month. I started bleeding on the 4th of Jan. It is now 15 days from the start of my period and I have had sex, with a possible worry of not being protected. My period stopped about 10 days ago officially and two days ago I started some brown spotting, then it went away. It started again today all of a sudden I don't feel crampy at all, but I am really worried I might be pregnant. I am going to try to schedule an appointment on my next day off to see the doctor, but after I read many things, I'm worried and am going to try a HPT tonight. I also read that its possibly too early to take the test since I am not close enough to my next cycle.

If anyone has any advice at all to give me I would really, really appreciate it!

hi, am experiencing similar things. any updates????

I sure wish I had some answers for you ladies as I am on the same boat as all of you! I have been surfing all over the web this entire month looking for anything to clue me in. While I can't offer much advice I will share my experience this month..... normally I have a 26-28 day cycle, this month my period started about a week early on 1/8/10 and finished on 1/11/10. I am not on any b/c and frequently have unprotected sex with my bf...well we use the withdrawal method which has worked for us for the past 3 yrs. On 1/18/10 I thought I was getting my period again, mild cramping and when I went to the bathroom I noticed a tiny speck of blood and a very light pink discharge. It was gone after a few trips to the bathroom. The next day a had some mild cramps and nothing else. Then on 1/26/10 mild cramps started up again.. felt just like the very start of my period, but nothing.... the mild cramps lasted until the 28th. I broke down and took a PT but it was neg, waited 2 days and retested...still negative . Now today is 2/1/10 and this afternoon I was about to call the doc when the period like cramps came again .... I thought for sure my period was finally here but again just light pink . I kept running to the bathroom checking but it hasn't really progressed into a normal period yet and its been about 10 hrs ago...I am still waiting and oh so confused! I am 34 and I have never experienced anything like this..... if anyone can relate please share, I know it won't take the place of a Dr visit, just a little piece of mind..... best of luck to everyone!

I am having the EXACT same thing!! Got my period on 9/7/10. It was a normal period only a couple days early. I started very light bleeding and some cramping on Sunday. Which would have been the 19th. That is 12 days after the start of my last period. At first it was very light pink and only when I wiped. Day 2 it wasn't there. Day 3 was a little heavier and darker than day one but only lasted in the morning. Day 4 it was back to being very light pink and only when I wiped and today it's completely gone. I have been off b/c for 5 years and my bf and I are ttc now. I am SO curious if this is implantation or ovulation. I'm not sure because it started 2 weeks before my period is supposed to start. Anyone find anything out??? Please reply n let me know!
Thanks!!

Ive had all this too and my period came :-(

I am also curious. period from 1/1/11 to 1/5/11, i'm usually 29-30 days cycle. did it on the 4th and the 10th. Ovulation calendar shows fertile window from 1/10-1/16. Today, the 14th, had spotting-( which i never have mid-cycle) and queasiness, so i'm wondering could that be implanting from the 10th session, or ovulating so I should do it tonight?
help!

Try to use ovulation calendar tool ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed to trace your cycle and find the date of ovulation.

I have been trying to get pregnant. My last period started April 1,2011. I had sex, on 13,14,15 of April all days successful at (whats needed to become pregnant) So today is April 28...I noticed some light pink spotting just now. My periods are usually 28-36 days apart. I've been off track lately. Seems like since I've been trying to conceive my periods have been out of whack. DO U THINK I COULD BE PREG. it's to early for a reliable test. Please help. Thank you.

Just wondering whether any of you had positive HPT's? I have had the same thing, cramps on both sides (more so on right) and very light spotting 1 week after I should have ovulated, but now panicking that I've just ovulated late!! Finding it hard to wait another week before my period is due before doing a test, what was your outcome? Really hoping to be pregnant!!

I'm going through the same thing about 2 days after ovulation which probably between the 8th-11th, I started spotting on the 12th of this month, light pinkish brown for two days, then dark brown for two more, and today a pinkish red again, it's been a total of 5 days of this with very light cramping off and on. I'm not suppose to start my period for another week. It's a nerve wrecking waiting game.