Is it right to be interfering with the brain using magnets, I don't know. What does everyone else think of it?

If it stops the symptoms of a migraine though maybe it could be worth a try.

Well I'm not sure how good is this. It still is in a research so we will have to wait and see.
In my opinion, I don't like this magnetic stuff affecting our brain. It's enough that we are affected from other electronic devices.
Maybe njoynlife could explain a little bit about this. He has experience with TV's. I wonder do these modern monitors and TV's have any bad effect on our brain.

Worked for me :O
I spent most of my life with my head inside a TV set and I never had a migraine.
And all those xrays o.O

I've never looking into how magnetism might affect the brain, it just wasn't something I worried about. You get so much bad information from people claiming to be scientists who are really doing nothing but promoting their own skewed point of view. Probably for profit in some manner. If you take them all seriously, you'll never get out of bed. Even Bill Clinton understands that, as he was recently quoted saying the following at a Gridiron Dinner. "He also targeted Al Gore, noting that it was spring: "otherwise known to Al Gore as proof of global warming."

Anyway, I don't know what or if, there is any real affect on the brain from magnetism. We must have some iron in us, otherwise we couldn't suffer from "iron deficiency anemia" and the inventor of Geritol wouldn't be rich now.

About 20 years ago my doctor was sucking some blood out of me to send to a lab and I asked him about testing it for lead. This was at the beginning of the lead scare war. He asked me why I wanted to know and I told him I have been handling lead solder all my life. I began soldering electrical stuff when I was 10 years old. I've breathed in the smoke and fumes while soldering and when you're holding a roll of solder in one hand, the soldering iron in the other, and you need to pull more solder from the roll, you grab the end of the solder with your teeth and pull. I commonly get my hands black by pulling solder from a roll and winding it up to form a small roll I can take with me. So I was curious about possibly having an elevated lead level after 40 years of doing that. He told me you don't get lead poisoning from handling it or putting it in your mouth, but if I was worried about it I should toss out my teflon frying pan and use the old iron one, or take a dose of Geritol every day. He said iron blocks the absorbtion of lead in our bodies so if we have enough iron we won't have any problem with environmental lead.

The test came back negative, I had no lead in me. So I must have enough iron and I've never felt it being disturbed by magnetism.

In the early 70s someone started the x-ray wars and the government forced the manufacturers to put lead in the front glass of picture tubes to reduce the x radiation coming out to kill the viewer. I've spent my life on the other side of the picture tube where there was no x-ray protection, up close for many hours a day. I have no ill effects from the x-rays that I'm aware of.

Similarly I've certainly been exposed to enough magnetism from these devices plus plenty of radio waves.

I've lived in my 225 year old New England colonial house with a fieldstone foundation and a dirt floor for over 40 years breathing all the radon that's supposed to be seeping up from the ground to kill me. I also found a piece of asbestos in the cellar that was left behind by a plumber years before I bought the house, and I touched it o.O So when you add up all those bad things I've been exposed to I'm sure they will kill me sometime, but they better hurry because old age is getting ahead of them.

So I have a tendency to not take a whole lot of the things they come up with, too seriously.

As far as the newer stuff with the LCD and plasma screens, I haven't heard anything bad about them yet.

Some interesting stuff njoy :-)

You got rid of your asbestos now?

I don't think this migraine zapper is worth it. Wouldn't want to take the chance purposefully putting something like this near my brain.

Nope, I saved the asbestos for the same reason the plumber had it, to keep the torch flame from setting my house on fire when I'm doing some plumbing next to a wall or a wood beam. Takes more than a piece of asbestos to scare me. I even drive a car without air bags :O

You have more life experience than me njoy, but be careful with that stuff. Don't go sanding it 8-|

And a car without air bags :O :O Well I never ;-)

From what I've read about it, there are two kinds of asbestos. A blackish one that was imported from Africa during the war (WWII) and used mainly for lagging in ships because they couldn't get enough of the common type. The other type is light grey and was in common use at the time. It's only the stuff that came from Africa that is the real problem but everything gets grouped together when you want to persecute it.

I read some numbers a few days ago about the problem Toyota is having now. The story was questioning why Toyota is being persecuted for their problem. Other companies have had problems on a much larger scale that never made national headlines. Why is the head of Toyota being called to a government hearing for a problem that seems insignificant by comparison? Is it because our government is now a major stockholder in GM? Why is the media so hot on this? It's certainly not unheard of for a car to become a runaway and it appears that Toyota is not having far less than others when you look at the ratio to the number of cars sold. Several other companies use the same gas pedal assembly. I think they said Ford uses it in some vehicles. It also appears that the most publicized of the runaways had no defects at all but were instead, deliberate "accidental" acts. The damage has already been done to Toyota's reputation and the general public will never hear about that. Like the teacher who is fired because some girl claims he groped her. The police investigation eventually proves she lied because he gave her a bad grade. Do you think he'll ever get a job teaching again? Worse still, most of the people who know about the "groping" will never hear it was a lie.

I think the only reason they're all pulling Toyota to pieces is because they had one of the best reliability records and the media always love to attempt to ruin a good company.

One story I heard was a guy had his accelerator stuck and just plowed into a junction. Surely there were better alternatives than that. I know I would have to pick a wall before I took any chances with anybody else's lives.

Will that guy ever teach again? I would assume he will but he'd have to move areas. Not very fair but as you say the media are happy to persecute someone but when they turn out to be innocent they don't run that story.

On a loosely connected political correctness topic have a read of this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1260253/Teachers-leave-boy-5-tree-health-safety.html

The world's gone mad!

Nutz! They're all nutz.
Except me and you.

Of course njoy ;-)

You guys are CRAZY lol. I would let no magnetic stuff near my head. And it would really suck for someone that had metal plates in there body. But I think so good ol' aspirin would help me in that situation. XD

Metal plates! XD I can imagine !

Yeh I think you're right. You get over a migraine in a relatively short amount of time and its not worth putting your long term health at risk by using these magnets.