Hello my name is shasta im 15 and a sophomore. I have had a constant migraine for 2 months now, i have had 20 or more doctors they all have tried their hardest to help me. But nothing seems to help. so im running out of options, i need someone's help, advise please. i have tried so many medications, and theropy's like acupuncture, chyropractic's, i have been in the emergency room, and through all of the i havent had any relife since the first week for 2 hour's after they gave me a shot of diladid. but ever since then, i have had no relief. we thought maybe we have a mold problem, so i moved upstairs. after a week or so, nothing changed so i went back down stairs. i have gotten hormone tested. and soon allergy testing. i have been to the neurologist, they said i have statusmigrainosus, thats the worst possible migraine you can get, you dont know what triggers it, or why you get them you just do. but no. we are trying everything. my grades have gone down, i can barely do my homework, i have been taken out of school and put onto home hospital, but i am a cheerleader, so i had to be taken off after a month so i could cheer for a speical night. and i have to go back to school, i feel like crying in every class the pain is so unbareable. i need someones help or advise please im running out of hope. :-(

I know what you are going through.

I'm here to help as much as I can.

Have you tried the drug Topamax? It was originally for ceizures, but now it is being used for headaches.

Does your head hurt worse when it rains? This pain is due to the change in barometric pressure--many people get headaches from this--I get migraines.

Do your migraines come with sensitivity to light, sound, and smell? I find it best to just go in a room, turn out the light, make sure there is no noise, lay on the bed, pull the covers over your head, and just lay there--don't move a muscle. That's what I used to do when my I knew I was getting or had a migraine.

Do you ever become nauseated when you have a migraine? I have found it best to go ahead and vomit. Sometimes, that will make you feel better.

Fortunately, this is most likely something that you are going to either grow completely out of or is going to lessen with age.

My headaches started my freshman year of high school and they were severe migraines, but now I'm a sophomore in college and I have a light headache every day and very rarely a migraine. I'm not on any medications. It's just something I've learned to live with.

I hope I've helped.

--LinZ