Hi, my 8 years old child has diagnosed abdominal migraine. What kind of disease it is, as I have never heard of it before?

Hi, this is a disease that affects only children 7 to 10 years old. It can be manifested with headaches and real migraines later in life. prognosis are generally not good for these children, as they are more susceptible to developing headaches and be more prone to stress related diseases. it is very difficult to diagnose it, so perhaps it is under diagnosed and mistreated. The cause for abdominal migraine is not completely determined, so mainly is treated by experience.

It is not true that only children get abdominal migraines. My mother is 53 and she gets them at least 2 times per year

I've been reading about abominal migraines today and I am almost certain that this is what my teen son has been battling for the last two years. We've seen several dr.'s and internal specialists who say "IBS" - where do you find a dr. that will consider this diagnosis?

Please let me share with you. I had "abdominal migraines" when I was a child and all throughout high school. I would throw up violently. But come to find out after all of these years, 24 to be exact, I have Celiac disease! My son started doing the same thing when he turned 7 and I took him to an allergist and we discovered he is allergic to soy and peanuts, after feeding him peanut butter and jelly 3-4 times a week! Be very careful with an "abdominal migraine" diagnosis. Your stomach and head pain could be your body's way of saying the food you are eating is not agreeing with you! Listen to it!

**edited by moderator**