I am alcoholic. Now since my last drink has been one year. I drink since age of 17, and now I am 30. You can imagine what the alcohol did to my liver. It is quite damaged, so it doesn’t work properly. I want to know what Milk thistle is since I have heard that Milk thistle is used as supplement in the regeneration of damaged liver tissue.

Milk thistle is a plant that grows wild in many regions. It 4 – 10 feet high has thick thistle and large leaves. It is edible plant. It is recognized as traditional medicine for liver problems, and yes, it helps in regeneration of damaged liver tissue. The benefit from milk thistle is based upon it compound called solitarian, which is an antioxidant and it can have positive effect on damage caused by toxic such as alcohol. Milk thistle is safe as a supplement, because no toxicity and no drug interactions have been reported. My advices to you are to start using milk thistle as supplement, but before that consult your doctor.