Ok so I'm a 26 yr old female.. (don't judge me) but i have drank a lot of alcohol since I turned 21. I drink every weekend and most days of the week. Usually about 6-10 shots a day.  I know this is a lot but as weird as it sounds I'm a functioning alcoholic. Ok, so one night after drinking almost a whole bottle I got a horrible migraine with an aura.  After that I stopped drinking for a few days.  Now it seems like every time I drink I wake up in the middle of the night with an extremely fast heart rate.  I feel very anxious and it takes me about 2 hours to fall back asleep.  Recently every time I get ready to fall asleep I jump awake a few times.  It feels like im falling and I jump awake.  I have really cut back drinking maybe once a week and only 2 or 3 shots.  After the shots now I get the fast heart rate and again wake up in the middle of the night? I've had a CT scan, Echo, all day holter monitor, and basic blood work all saying I'm okay?  I really miss being able to drink even just one drink.  Is this normal to have such a fast heart rate?

the alcohol will depress the central nervous system(CNS), and caused the heart to work overtime..even the next day after drinking the night before...make me breathe harder, especially that night

We drink because we  like the effects, although there ARE some side effects like we mentioned...there ARE long term side effects, like liver damage...I take Milk thistle, and alpha lipoic acid to counteract bad effects