What are the mind effects from meditation? I don't do that, but many people I am working with do and I can t tell that they are still nervous. I asked them why do meditate and one woman said because it is good for my mind? So, I wanted to know what all is about.

There are many benefits that accrue when you meditate, however, what essentially happens when you meditate and not withstanding the benefits? The thing is in daily living we are used to focusing our energies to the world around us, trying to manage time, relationships, profession, finance, etc, but when you start meditating you are focusing your attention into you. There are many mental impressions buried deep inside our mind, fears, insecurity, many memories of joyful moments, many memories of success, or emotions of suppressed anger. So, after the initial period, when the mind is learning to stop the endless chatter with itself, as you meditate you come to a stage where your mind stops thinking and here the journey is pleasant.

Once you start meditating and on a regualr basis, you will gradually see the difference. Your stress gets reduced, your concentration improves, you feel happier, your mind is energized, brain functioning also gets improved. All this further, reduces the risk of many diseases. And considering today's stressful life, meditation has become extremely important and popular.