Is it possible to learn vipassana meditation on its own? I meditate almost a year now and would like to hear now for I know it could help me gaining the mental health how actually vipassana meditation does work. An also would like to hear could vipassana meditation help in curing some disease such as cancerous condition and some form of depressions. Thanks!

Well it is not likely that vipassana meditation could cure conditions such as cancer but in healing depressions, tension, anxiety and some other mental difficulties, it is about becoming able to see things just like they are and it is about becoming calm and in peace with yourself and with others. And I don't think you could learn vipassana meditation on your own so you better try with some course that lasts I think about 10 days and provide you a vipassana meditation training through some code of discipline that consists of few steps that are all actually focused on observing yourself and your sensations in order to reach the stage of totally calmness and self awareness. Of course 10 days are not enough to gain all the knowledge regarding vipassana meditation but at least you could gain basic knowledge which you can apply on your everyday vipassana meditation.