My friend started taking reiki lessons. I am curious, what does reiki stand for and what is guided meditation? All I know is that she is trilled about it and she says she feels much better mentally since she started meditating. She also said that it can help you overcome some problems like depression, alcoholism etc. Anyone tried it?

Reiki is a spiritual practice, something like practicing your mind and inner energy. It can be very useful in everyday life. I also learned some methods from my friend. I personally use meditation which helps with insomnia and the one that helps you practice your mind to wake up at some time in the morning. It actually works for me.

Reiki is rather new but very interesting practice and it can be very helpful. It came from Japan. It has a technique of healing as well. It is called tenohira and it is healing by palm. Reiki practitioners believe that they can direct healing energy through their palms to patient’s body. It is not proven by science but some people say that it works.