I wanted to start meditating and yesterday I have made myself finally realizing that idea but after I done all the possible meditation preparations in sense of providing myself quite and dark atmosphere. I have even made my mom and sis go out- I figured out I miss some music. And it is not like I could listen to those music around so what kind of music to listen to meditation.

I am not good at suggesting you some special meditation music though there is variable kind of music to listen to meditation. The fact is I meditate usually without any music though sometimes I tape hearth spring meditation music. That's meditation cd my friend gave me so it is only one I know about and also you might go visit meditation music site I think it is called heartspring.net and that's where you can find some info about what kind of music to listen to meditation. And you know what you don't have to run your family away from the house for you to meditate –one room would be enough for you with proper music or without it, only high concentration and the proper breathing would be enough for meditation.

I personally think artists such as deuter, janas, nawang khechog, and ben leinbach and jai uttal are very good meditation artists. if you go to itunes you can find a ton of songs that are perfect for meditation and are so soothing. everyone has their personal style of what kind of music they like, though. these artists fit my personal likes. try em out!

Hi Dorri,

Any type of soothing music is good for mediation. It just depends on your tastes. There are a lot of great cd's out there specifically for meditation. A lot of them also include a guide through the meditation. "Meditation on twin hearts" is a really good CD. You can find it online or at any type of crystal/spriritual/natural healing stores.

Good luck!
Cassie
Happy Life Space