Up to a few weeks ago, I'd been taking 2 pills a day for a year. In the first 3 months, I had great results, my skin cleared and pimples started to go away. But right around 6 months in, it seemed to lose it's effect. Now it's back as strong as ever, and I've just recently moved on to Acutane, a much stronger drug.

How long though did it take to finally see results? I went from having nothing to having tons of pimples and this is day 6 or 7 of thaking this medication. I take 100mg once a day. And if it does clear up, when you stop it, do they all just come back again?

Thanks creager for sharing about medicine for acne. I always trust on some natural things to deal with acne. In my opinion pills have many side effects so we should remove acne with some natural methods like eating fruits,drinking green tea,drinking fruit juice and drinking lot of water.

I just started today .im so scared alot of people had some bad side effects . But I hope it just a regular process for me.

HEY GUYS. so i have mild to moderate acne. (i'm 16) I was having problems with my face and i just could not handle it. ill get little tiny pimples then one or two cystic pimples. so i started taking minocycline, 100 mg in a capsule. It worked great my acne cleared up almost immediately, i was a happy camper, until my doctor switched me over to a time released tablet and my acne has basically come back. is this even possible just from switching to a different kind of release? should i go back to the old one? help. i cant do this acne thing. 

Hey, I am 17 and I started to get mild acne about a year ago, about 6 months ago, my acne got a lot worse, the pimples were bigger and they were everywhere. I have been on Minocycline for close to 3 months now, and I can say I have had huge improvements with no side effects. The big pimples are gone and the redness from the acne is a lot better. Right now I barely have any acne left, just the brown/reddish marks from irritating them before I started on this pill. I recommend to not irritate the skin by using many types of gels and creams, and to contact your doctor and ask him to prescribe this drug. It is truly amazing.

My doctor prescribe me minocycline for acne and on the tenth day hives broke out all over my body. Minocycline isnt right for everybody.

Hi everyone.  Thank you so much for your discussion and information.  I was prescribed minocycline a few days ago and i have been hesitant to start taking it.  First, it decreases your birth control effectiveness and can cause all of these other issues that i was never told!  My doctor never told me that it can cause lupus or discoloration or anything else for that matter.  He didn't even tell me it will affect my birth control.  Obviously i know it will because thats what antibiotics do.

I am starting my 50mg, two pills a day today.  Let's see how it works... my friend took it for about 3 months and stopped.  She is still clear to this day and that was about 5 years ago!  Some people it works for and others it doesn't.  I just hope it works for me!

Hi There..... I am on birth control as well as I was prescribed minocycline about 3-4 weeks ago and so far it has been helping with my acne. I will say that at first, it got worse before it got better but it finally is starting to work! I am also on Proactive daily but only use the facial wash and the repairing lotion every morning. I went from having no acne, clear skin, using Proactive for 3 years and for some reason my skin rebelled and I completely broke out which is why I am now on this antibiotic. I haven't had any real side effects other than feeling a little more tired and a little dizzy from time to time but that's minor for me. I am on 100mg once a day and I was told it takes at least 2 months to start to really see the effects. I will not be stopping this until I am completely acne free but I am worried about eventually stopping and it all comes back, I mean I am 30 and thought I would be over the acne "phase". Everybody is different and I would just try it and if you start to have negative side effects, then stop it. As far as discolouration is concerned, I know that it was mentioned that you can have tooth discouloration from it but as per an MD that posted on this, that only occurs if your teeth are not completely fully grown, so for premature teeth I believe so I really wouldn't worry about that..... Anyways Good Luck, I know your struggle, it's very frusturating and can be very depressing but hang in there!

epiduo is the worst.

hello, i just started to use this pill, hope to see a differenece soon :) the only bad thing is the side effect of this "dihhera" other than that i hope it will work for me 

Ive taken Minocycline for almost 5 years now for my acne and I'm 38 going on 39 and it really helps alot. The only thing that I have never liked about it is the yucky feeling that I have a couple hours after taking that usually subsides.

I have been suffering with acne for years. So I finally swallowed my pride and asked my doctor for an antibiotic. I have been taking Minocycline for 2 weeks and have notice no more break outs, and redness/scarring is slowly (but surely  starting to go down. Happy with it :)

My 12 year old daughter has suffered from acne for two years. She was on Doxy and proactive and it worked great and then we took her off it and her acne came back so we started her on minocycline and Proactive and it seems to work great. We tried just proactive without the antibiotics and it helps a little but adding the antibiotic makes a huge difference. It has been two weeks since she started and her acne has improved at least 50%, maybe even 70%. Also the proactive sulfur mask they have works great. She puts a thin layer on her face at night and sleeps with it on and I see a huge improvement by the morning.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I'm now 28 and I had mild acne and very oily skin since i was 13yo, I have tried a lot and nothing ever worked, until recentely I went to the dermatologist for the first time in my life. He prescribed me with Minocyclin. Just one week later my skin had become so clean I was afraid I was just dreaming! The doc told me to run a three months course, and I really hope the results will stay permanent!