Have you tried to use head and shoulders on your skin? I have heard that it can be from help in curing acne on neck and back. As I have problem with bad looking acne not only on my face, I’m ready to try this. I just wondered if there is anyone with this kind of experience. I believe that it can not make them worse, can it?

I tried it once and it worked! As I can not say that it has to work in everybody, but I was pleased with the effects. Head and shoulders contains zinc and some other astringent substances and also has antibacterial effects. I had no side effects. I mean you can make shampoo not to get in contact with your skin when you wash your hair, can you? It healed acne on my back. But, I would not use it on my face.

I tried regular Head and Shoulders (with pyrithione zinc) and not only did it make my acne worse, soon after using it I noticed a red splotch of what looks like eczema near the hairline. I've never had something like that before, and my skin is usually clear.

I only used it because my hair was dried out (though I did not have dandruff).

Obviously, I would recommend NOT USING IT.

Why would you use Head and Shoulders on your skin if you don't usually have acne?

Head and Shoulders definitely helps out with back acne. Make sure you get the classic clean one with pyrithione zinc as the main ingredient. Give it time to work and only use it once a day (preferably at night). It took about 2-3 months until i started noticing results. The zinc is good for your skin and it has helped out with my dandruff as well!

I used head and shoulders on my back and i noticed good results right away. Im wondering if my back will stay clear or will my body become ammune to it?

I have been fighting facial break outs since I hit 31. They were either very deep cysts or swollen pores that were very red. The only thing I found that worked was to take a high dose of Minocycline from my dermatologist. However, it made me very nauseated, dizzy, and have consistent headaches. I could only tolerate for short periods (10-14 days) so I only took it when my face was really bad. I've tried Clinique, Aveda, and Pro Active. They only worked for a few months. I looked on line under home remedies and found out about Head and Shoulders. I used less than a dime size and washed my face with it twice a day. I also included using witch hazel and vitamin E cream. In 48 hours my face was almost clear. Now, I don't need to use it everyday, just 3 times a week. It seems to just work like the acne products by shedding the skin faster but without the burning and redness. For the first time in 3 years, i have nice skin. If I start to break out, I know it's time to use it again or more often. Within the 48 hours, it's pretty much gone. I hope this helps.....

]Yes, this is a great thing to use on your face (head and shoulders) really does work for your face.It does make it a little dry but hey it's better to have dry then oily.Trust me i did have acne all over my face and it cleared up in the next 48 hours! I was amazed! good luck,hoped I helped:)

I'll admit I was very hesitant to try Head and Shoulders on my face but being that at age 34 I'm still breaking out a lot I decided to give it a go. I've tried everything in the past...clean and clear, proactive, murad, tree tea oil, neutrogena and nothing seems to work. I had gone to a dermatologist and was given some retin-A along with Benzaclin and that seemed to do wonders on my face for about 2 years but then I ran out and it was just too expensive to buy. This is only my 3rd day using H&S but I've already noticed quite a difference. My acne seems to be getting better quickly, the red spots are fading not completely but they are not as red as before. I use about a dime size and lather on my face for about a minute and then rinse it completely off. I've also been using Neutrogena acne prone moisturer afterwards. I will give it a few more weeks if it continues to work for me as it has been so far I will be so grateful because not only will I finally have clear skin but my wallet will be grateful as well. I can't tell you how much money I have spent on all types of acne medications.

O.k. I've now been using H&S for a bit over two weeks and i can honestly say it's doing wonders for my face. The red spots I spoke about are almost all gone, I have not broken out once since I started using H&S and my face just looks clearer in general. I will continue to use this, I have not had any side effects except for once using a bit more than my usual after washing it off my face felt really dry so I continue using about a dimesize and lathering for a minute before washing if off completely. I recommend trying it for those people who have suffered from adult acne as myself. I use the original formula shampoo not the 2 in 1 kind, and the one i use has zinc in it.

Hi all, sorry for my ignorance. Are you guys talking about Head n Shoulder shampoo "Classic Care" series?

I have alot of acne on my back and i'm really upset about it as i like swimming alot, sometime my acne grows so much that i cant swim for a few months, my face are acne prone as well sad :-(

So how do i use the shampoo? apply on the face like acne cream or use the shampoo as a cleaser to clean my face and my back?

thanks so much!

how many times a day should you use this and how long should you rub on your skin?

I have tried head and shoulders for normal hair as a body wash (i.e. the Walmart brand head and shoulders copy) and it seems to help with back and face acne as well as the keratosis spots I get. I leave it on for about 2 or 3 minutes. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks. I noticed my skin felt better the first time I used it like a body wash, so I kept it up. I found this forum after I searched to see if others had the same experience. I read other stuff elsewhere saying it does nothing. I disagree. I read stuff on this forum saying it was harmful to them? Maybe they are allergic to something in it? I don't put it on in gobs. I put a puddle in my hand, and apply it to my hair. I then step out of the shower stream and use the suds in my hair to soap down my body. I might go back to the bottle for a few more drops of the H&S but not much. I leave the suds on for a couple of minutes, and then rinse off. I have noticed a bit of a tingle near the 2 minute point where it is on my skin. I would guess that is some sort of a chemical reaction. Tastes really nasty if you happen to get a tiny bit in your mouth (as I sometimes do, because I use it on my face). I also read that someone said that they got really dry skin on their face? I might suggest to back off on the dose. Like I say, I soap up on my hair first, and use those suds, not concentrated soap, to wash the rest of my body and face, and I don't rub super long or super hard, especially on my face. (Acne sufferers tend to over scrub I've noticed.)

I posted just above, the long post describing my positive experience with head and shoulders over the last couple of weeks. I see someone wants to know how long to "scrub?" I don't scrub really at all. I use my hands to grab the suds off my hair and sort of rub the head and shoulders suds over my face and back and everywhere else. I might reapply once like that before I rinse off at about the 2 to 3 minute point. I usually bathe at the end of the day, and that is the only time I use the product, not all day, not scrubbing. The product seems to work all by itself. No need to really scrub that I can see. Someone was reporting noticeably dry skin. I do not notice much in the way of dryness at all, but then I don't scrub hard or at all. I really just apply, wait, and rise. That is what has worked for me over the last couple of weeks. My skin feels clean for about 24 hours, until the next showering. I also notice the oiliness level of my skin is much less. My skin really feels and looks good. But, again, I have only been doing this for 2 weeks so far. I don't imagine that I would suddenly have some sort of bad reaction. I would guess that I'd already have gotten a bad reaction if I was going to have a bad reaction at all.

as far as the ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed and shamppos are concerned, i would suggest you to go in for a reliable name. one more thing a shampoo is not going to stop acne, acne vitamins are going to do this for you.........