Hello, folks. My friend has a kid that is very little. However, this kid of his has been recently diagnosed with the Perthes disease. I wonder if we can expect the continuance of this disease at the age of 3. I am not so familiar with this, so I will really appreciate all your replies. Thanks.

Hello, there. This kid must be pretty young. Usually, Perthes disease appears between age of 4 and 8. However, the younger it appears, the outcome is better. I cannot tell you anything for sure. However, I think the kid will have a chance. In any case, your friend should discuss these details with the kid’s doctor. I hope I’ve helped. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hi, there. I agree with the previous post. Maybe your friend shouldn’t worry a lot. Usually the bone remodels later. After few years, everything gets normal. I hope this will be the case of your friend’s kid. You can consult an expert about the details. I hope I’ve helped a little. Good luck to him. Bye!