My son has been displaying a variety of symptoms that make the doctor think he has some kind of neurological disorder, though he remains undiagnosed for the time being. My doctor did mentioned something about Landau-Kleffner syndrome recently, at our last visit. Can anyone tell me more about how Landau-Kleffner syndrome is manifested?

Does your son suffer from aphasia? And how old is he? Because this is key to diagnosing Landau-Kleffner syndrome, which affects children who previously developed normally and then suddenly lose the ability to speak. Children with Landau-Kleffner syndrome also have seizures and it doesn't look unlike epilepsy in some respects. It is quite a rare disorder. Did your doctor mention what made him think your son has Landau-Kleffner syndrome?

my s4on has been walking through the stages of autism from the age 15 months to 4 years. after a set of shots at 15 months my son son went into a trance never been right since finally the last child developmental doctor said vaccination causing the brain to swell leading to landau kfellner syndrome i am so confused i know how you feel good luck to you and your family