Hi, folks. My friend’s kid is suspected to have Landau-Kleffner syndrome. He should do some tests for verifying this. I would appreciate if someone could tell me whether to expect some EEG changes in this syndrome. I would appreciate all your replies considering this. Thanks for all your help. Bye, guys!

Hi, there. As you probably know, Landau-Kleffner syndrome represents sudden or gradual loss of using and understanding speaking language. However, this is not the only characteristic. It also has some epileptic seizures that usually come at night. Therefore, EEG can show this. However, usually all EEG changes normalize until one turns 15 years of age. After that, it is normal. I hope this will help you. Tell me if you need something more to know. Bye!

Good Morning.  My son was diagnoised with Landau-Kleffner Syndrome or a variant of the syndrome at the age of 4.  He acquired the syndrome between 18 months old and 22 months old due to a virus attacking his brain.  With this being said he has many EEG's and Beam studies to monitor his seizure activity (which always was at night and included night terrors).  He had his first normal EEG at the age of 11.  I hope this is encouraging to you.