Hello, folks. My sister has a kid who has some problems. The thing is that he has a sudden speech loss. I wonder if this could be Landau-Kleffner syndrome. I would appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hello, there. Landau-Kleffner syndrome is a childhood disorder. It is characterized by the loss of the ability to use or understand spoken language. This speech loss can be sudden or gradual. You should consult an expert. It could be LKS, but not necessarily. Epileptic seizures are also characteristic for LKS. Please, let me know what the expert says. Good luck! Bye!

Hi there,
If I am not mistaking Landau - Kleffner syndrome is very rare. The fact is that this syndrome is characterized but sudden problem in children to understand language but also to express it as well. So this condition that this child has might be Landau - Kleffner syndrome. However you will need a diagnosis that is confirmed by a professional. It is hard to give appropriate diagnosis just over one symptom. I think that this condition can be cured with medication and speech therapy. If this condition is ongoing I would really suggest that she takes her child to the professional to begin the therapy as soon as possible. There is a possibility of permanent speech problem.
All the best,
Danella