I was reading up about Asperger syndrome the other day and I find it fascinating to hear that some people with Asperger syndrome have the ability to communicate normally, while others suffer from speech retardation. Do they know what causes speech retardation in people with Asperger syndrome? Any comments would be interesting.

In my experience with people who have Asperger syndrome, I normally find that language development as such is not the problem, but rather the Aspie's interpretation of language. They often choose words that others wouldn't in a given situation, and react differently. That is the Asperger syndrome, not the language problem. Just my two cents.

i have aspergers. I had these weird twitches in my arms and mispronounced some words quite often, I try very hard to pronounce them would get very nervous about it, but it still comes out wrong. But that was when I was a kid. Now I can pronounce my words quite easier.
Life is hard when you get nervous about everything, when you can't even talk to someone without fear of making a mistake and being embarrassed about it.