Hi, folks. My niece had some problems that concern her mental state. After some tests, she was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome. I know something about this syndrome, but I would like to know something more about its prognosis. I was wondering if anyone can help me here. Thanks for all your help.

Hello, there. I have heard about it. Asperger syndrome belongs to a group of autistic spectrum disorder. It is similar to autism. However, these kids do not have difficulties with language as autistic kids have. This is a condition that lasts for a lifetime. It is stable. However, I think they need special care at schools. You should consult an expert about this. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!

Hello, everyone. I would agree with the previous post. If you think about an intellectual development, the prognosis for kids is good. Adults have higher risk for developing depression. Some experts think that people with Asperger syndrome have more risk for developing a psychotic episode. In any case, an expert must be consulted. If you find out something new, please let me know. I would like to know it. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!